Chapter Seven:

This chapter is mature and has some heavy boyxboy action and language so if there are any children nearby shield their eyes :) Thank you to my friend who helped me write this because I have no idea what dudes do together :)

I hid out in the bathroom stall until it was time to go out to the gym. My eyes scanned all around, trying to locate Billy. He was nowhere to be found. Where the heck did he go? Maybe I was just missing him but our class wasn't that big. I would just wait until Coach Wheeler took roll. I would find him then. Comforted by that I sat down in my squad. Coach Wheeler called out Billy's name. No answer. Seriously did he disappear from the face of the earth?

"Spencer, do you know where Billy is?" Coach Wheeler asked me.

Without hesitation I covered for him. "Oh yeah. Billy had a bad taco for lunch. He is at the nurse right now." I whispered so no one else would hear my lie. Coach Wheeler nodded and marked Billy presented. I sighed in relief, glad he didn't go to verify my story. Then I went back to focusing on Billy. Where was he really? Did he disappear because of what happened in the locker room? I wanted to understand why I did what I did so badly but that would involve me swallowing my pride and telling him about my past. I didn't know if I could do that. Anyways I still wasn't sure if it was some sick, cruel joke. Billy being gay and trying to kiss me was too much for my head to wrap around. How could he like me? Wait until he knew the real me. I was just saving him from that shocker, I tried to reassure myself. But that look on his face kept popping up in the front of my mind. I tried to shake it off and made my way to the track. We ran the mile again and once again I was the first one done. This time though I didn't stop running. I kept going until it was time to go into the locker room. Billy wasn't in the locker room either. All his stuff was gone. I felt a pang of guilt stabbed through me. Frowning, I changed at our locker and headed to class. There was no sight of Billy the rest of the school day. I knew I was going to see him tonight. He was working at the store. Maybe I would just stay upstairs all night. Yeah, that was a lot easier than having to be near him. I walked home with a dark, heavy cloud hanging over my head.

"Hey." I said, walking into the store. Grandpa's head popped up from behind the counter.

"Hey, son. How was your day?" Grandpa asked.

"Good." I lied. Well, all the way up to lunch was good so it was a half lie.

"That's good. Spencer can you watch the store while I go upstairs for a minute?" He asked.

"Yes, Grandpa." I said, glad that there wasn't any further questions. I sat on the counter top, waiting for Grandpa to come back down. Hopefully he would get back down before Billy got here but luck was not on my side today. Billy walked right through the door. My stomach dropped when I saw him. His lips twitched downwards but he kept his smile that was plastered on. I wondered briefly how many times that smile had been faked before.

"Hey." Billy said, cheerfully. I could hear how forced it was.

"Hey." I said, biting my lip. Neither one of us said anything as we waited for Grandpa come to back downstairs.

"Hey, Billy." Grandpa said, coming into the store.

"Hello, sir." Billy said, smiling.

"Spencer, your grandma needs help upstairs." Grandpa said to me. Thank you Grandma, for not making me have to come up with some excuse to leave this awkwardness.

"Yes, sir." I said and headed upstairs. I found Grandma in the kitchen, washing dishes.

"Hi, sweetie." She said, turning her head towards me.