Monster

(y/n)'s POV

Walking around in the middle of the night would seem like a pretty good idea to most people, and I would like to say I'm usually on that side. But this time it wasn't a good idea in the slightest. In fact, it was probably the worst idea I had this entire day. Now, you're probably wondering why I'm monologuing so much. Well, how about we get back to the normal chapter.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~~"

I feel a shiver go down my spine as I look around in the darkness. This voice had no right just speaking out loud in the shadows. Hell I don't even know where this voice came from or who it belongs to.

I feel myself beginning to yell something but I keep my mouth shut and keep walking, trying to be as quiet as possible. Not that hard, right? This is a quite big forest and who knows, the voice could be from someone who isn't looking for me! But what kids would be playing games in this forest at this hour?

"Come on, (y/n). Don't be mean."

I stop dead in my tracks and feel my heart stop for a few seconds. This can't be right. I've done nothing to piss off the other villages or anyone else. Have I?

Nonono. Definitely not. Everything was all Obito's fault!

I start running back to the base, or really anywhere at this point. I begin to hear quiet footsteps behind me. Nothing intense, but someone is definitely behind me.

"Please tell me this is a terrible prank.." I grumble, jumping up into the trees.

A laugh echoes throughout the shadows and a wind blows through the leaves. I start to shiver more but continue my way out. If things get worse I'll resort to using Yokubō, but hopefully I won't need to.

The wind quickens and soon enough, I get blown off of the branches. As I hit the ground, something snaps. My leg slowly begins to go numb and I feel a headache starting to awaken.

"Shit.." I whisper, trying to stand up.

My ankle feels pretty much useless and the headache isn't helping in the slightest. I know no one who can use air! Who is this monster??

The wind gets worse and I grab onto a tree and dig my nails into the bark. This broken ankle and splinters won't be the worse things I get tonight. Especially with how this situation is going.

I slowly pull myself up and look around. Look anywhere for a sign of anyone. Anyone who can save me.

"Please, don't kill me." I whisper, my jaw clenched.

I feel something graze the back of my neck. I freeze and get goosebumps. I slowly bring one of my hands to my neck and feel around. Nothing. The feeling starts grazes my other arm's forearm and I scream, seeing a glimpse of a blade. I lose balance and fall back on my ass. The wind dies down and suddenly everything is silent.

"Oh, the things I get to do with my new toy.."

I lay both my legs out straight and lean my head down. A single tear runs down my cheek and drops onto the dirt. This is it. I...fucked up. Of course, I get through the torturous stuff, but the simplest little things I can't do. Should've guessed.