There's always a reason.

(y/n)'s POV

I slowly turn towards the man. I feel my hands shaking, but for some reason, I can't move my arms.

"Tobi. Don't hurt him." I whisper, staring at the scar covered man.

"Oh, I wasn't planning on hurting him." 'Tobi growls, his eyes locking onto mine.

I force a smile onto my lips and find some strength to stand up. As I'm walking towards Tobi, I feel something tug at my wrist.

"Naruto.." I gulp, slowly getting my wrist free from the small boy.

I keep my eyes focused on Tobi as I walk, trying my damn hardest to tune out the little boy whining.

"Come on, (fake/n)..we need to have a talk." Tobi urges, his voice dark but his lips curled into a smile.

I nod slowly and walk out of the restaurant, the curtain slowly grazing my back as it fell. I follow the Uchiha into an abandoned park, my body still shaking.

"So, (y/n)-" Obito starts, freezing in his tracks and turning around.

"Explain to me what you were just doing." He ends, his smile still frozen on his face.

I fidget and smile back, my nervousness getting the best of me.

"I was...trying to get close to...Naruto.." I whisper, quickly closing my eyes and tensing up.

A yelp escapes my lips, a painful tingle suddenly on my cheek. I slowly bring my hand up to my cheek, my eyes still closed. I feel hands on my shoulders, nails digging into my skin.

"That has nothing to do with our mission! We were supposed to be stalking, not befriending the whole village!" Obito yells, his nails cutting through my skin.

I gulp and nod, scared of what might happen next.

"Are you listening?!" He questions, one of his hands leaving my shoulder.

"Y-yes." I nod, my cheek still stinging.

I open one of my eyes, watching him back away from me, falling on to the ground.  His eyes widen and his arms slowly raise.

"What have I become..?" I hear him ask, his hands slowly cupping his face.

"A...leader..?" I whisper, my words slowly becoming a question.

I open both of my eyes and quickly wipe away my tears that were threatening to fall.  I blink my eyes a couple times and continue to watch Obito. He stays silent, his hands still over his face.

"I'm sorry.."

I jump a little, not used to hearing those words come out of his mouth anymore. Obito spreads his fingers a part, allowing me to see some of his eyes.

"I shouldn't have brought you with me...You could be with Kakashi and Naruto right now...You could-" Obito rambles, his hands not leaving his face.

I begin walking towards Obito, a ghost of a smile appearing on my lips.

"Obito, there's a reason I haven't just walked away." I laugh slightly.

"Hey!!" A voice yells, scaring both Obito and I.

I turn around and see a grey haired male, his mask and headband covering two-thirds of his face.

"W-what's up, Ka-er..Mr. Jounin??" I ask, fumbling over my words.

Kakashi runs up to me and begins to inspect my arms and neck. I tense, not used to people touching me.

"A couple bruises..some scratches and scars-" Kakashi names the things he sees on my skin, his words getting cut off when he sees my cheek.

"Did you hit her?" Kakashi asks, side stepping past me.

"I didn't me-" Obito begins, trying to explain what happened.

"What do you mean, 'You didn't mean to'?!" Kakashi questions, walking up to the Uchiha.

"Well Kakashi! What I mean is, I. Didn't. Mean. To." Obito growls, pulling his hands away from his face.

"..How do you know my name?!" Kakashi asks, pulling Obito up by his scarf.

"How about you figure that out yourself!" Obito snarls, throwing his scarf off of his neck.

I step backwards and watch the scarf fall, still hanging in Kakashi's hand. Obito walks past Kakashi and stops next to me.

"I'm going back to the house.." Obito whispers, keeping his eyes up.

Obito walks away, leaving just Kakashi and I. I stay silent as Kakashi turns towards me.

"Who are you guys..?" He asks, the words very hushed.

"An old memory.." I whisper, hesitantly walking over to Kakashi.

I quickly grab the scarf, putting it around my neck. The silence stabs me, my throat knotting up.

"There's no way you guys are alive.." Kakashi doubts, keeping his sight on the ground.

"I never said we were alive." I say, patting his shoulder.

I smile slightly and teleport away, now appearing by the swing. I sigh and take a seat on the swing, watching the kids play in the playground. It was now around three, maybe four. The sun was making its way down, and there was a light breeze. I feel my legs kicking, my body leaning back and forth. I swing till night falls, the kids now all gone.

"There's also a reason I'm not going back with you, Obito." I say to myself, my mind deciding what I have to do before I leave.

"And you aren't going to like it."
______________________________
YO
WHADDUP?!
So, this chapter may be crap, and I'm sorry if it is.
I had an idea and deciding that it was good enough for the next chapter.
So here we are!
Anyways, we seem to be seeing a more...normal(?) Obito.
I'm trying my hardest to not make the characters too happy and lovey and what not...
Hope ya enjoyed this slight angst!
Now I should probably sleep..
BUH-BYE!!~Lynx