Part 21 - Deceit

"Damn it!" I yelled as I felt the anxious energy I had previously shot into Patton, Roman, and Logan come back to me. The sudden rush of the power only sent a small chill down my spine. It was nothing compared to taking the aura away from Anxiety himself.

Speaking of, I looked over my shoulder from the table with our plans and saw Remus looking at me tentatively. I narrowed my eyes and whipped my body around to fully face him. "What are you looking at?" I growled. Remus stood his ground, crossing his arms. That was the one thing about Remus. I couldn't intimidate him. He knew all of my tricks and tactics. Remus huffed before talking again.

"It's not every day you yell, 'Damn it.' You could've been trying to rip apart a living fly without me. I could've missed something!" He pouted. I waved my hand in pure annoyance.

"Just get back to work, Remus," I said. He made a face at me before turning back to the unconscious sack of shit on the floor next to him. He was attaching the cuffs of the chains to his wrists while the ends of the chains were already nailed to the wall. It made the corners of my lips curve into a small smile. It's been years since Anxiety was back in our power. It felt good to have him back.

I turned back to the table and started thinking about what to do with the light sides now that they were free. While I didn't expect the light sides to break my anxious cruse so soon, I knew that sooner or later, they would try to come for Anxiety. Like it or not, it would happen. But, I was prepared.

I don't know how long it will take the venom inside Anxiety to truly take effect until "Virgil" is gone, but it shouldn't take too long.

I decided to review step three of our plan. Reading over it only made Anxiety's power inside me bubble with even more vigor than before. "Remus, are you prepared to fight when the time calls for it?" I hissed. I looked back over to Remus and watched him finish up with Anxiety before walking over to me.

"Of course, Deceit. I'm ready for anything. They'll understand not to meddle with us once I'm through with them. Just thinking about their blood being draped all over the walls makes me giddy." Remus laughed. I couldn't help but laugh along with him. Nothing was going to mess this up for us. NOTHING!

I curled my hand into a fist and begun phase three: weakening Thomas. I could see Remus from the corner of my eye, watching as my fist began to glow purple. Anxiety moaned in the corner. I could tell he was feeling the effects of what I was doing to Thomas. "Shut him up!" I mumbled.

I heard Remus' metal boots pound coldly against the floor, followed by the sounds of him gagging Anxiety with a cloth around his mouth. "That should do it." Remus finished by wiping his hands on his outfit.

The glow on my hand faded away as Thomas was fully feeling the effects of a panic attack as we speak. I smiled, my fangs showing. I even let out a little laugh which made Remus turn his head. "Come along Remus. That should slow down the light sides' travels here."

"I love it when you put on a show in the imagination!" Remus laughed. And we laughed wickedly until we tucked away in our own rooms. Where we both noticed a familiar door forming at the end of the hall.