Chapter 7

Guhai's pov

BaiLouYin is very stubborn when it comes to military duties.

All I want is to kiss the living hell out of one particular person and hold him as nothing mattered at all.

But, as I know, he is always stubborn.

"Why don't you take a break?" I suggest, having watched my wifey not move an inch for six hours straight from his spot on the floor. There he was sitting, in a mess of paper and notebooks, laptop and maps of everyone's territory. BaiLouYin hugs his knees tightly when he's in distress, and from the look on his face and the hold on his body, he is definitely distressed.

I needed to stop him, for both the baby and his safety.

"I need." he squeezes his knees even tighter to his body. "to finish." I flinched not wanting him to squeeze our child anymore. 

"Be careful not to squish our kid!" he flips me off.

"Fuck you! You know what fuck all of this! I didn't even want a kid in the first place!" he screams throwing a book at my head. He squeezed his legs even harder against the baby. 

I grimace at the thought of what I'm about to do, but it's for him and our baby's own good.

He's tiny, he can't hurt you...that badly. No, actually he can hurt me a lot. Well. Here goes nothing.

I squat to be eye level with the angry pregnant person. I pat his head, combing fingers through his hair.

"Hey, baby, why don't we just..." I tug on the map he was holding which catches his attention.

I will never get used to the fact that BaiLouYin reaction is to growl when anyone diverts his stuff when he's working, but nevertheless, I'd risk my life at the hands of the angry man.

With a forceful enough tug, he is now empty-handed with a face full of sadness. As fast as the anger appears it's replaced with a pout and watery eyes in my direction. He hates crying. Great, I'm making him cry.

"But." BaiLouYini's eyes tear up and whine softly.

I inwardly want to die at the sight of him, but I won't give in just yet. I'm in love but not weak. No, he makes me weak.

I made my way to our bed without giving up and, sit on top with the very important map patting the space next to me.

"If you want the map back, you're gonna have to take a break over here." BaiLouYin's watery-eyes pouts, "I'm not falling for it."

"What do you mean falling for it!? I'm trying to get you to take a break! Please, baby, I'm worried about you. Don't you care about our unborn child?" It's my turn, as I force myself to pout.

"No I don't!" he tosses a pencil at my forehead. Quickly I dodge it.

"Just for a little bit... or do I need to call BaiHanQi in here? Or how about Aunt Zhou? Or maybe you how military unit to show how pathetic you're acting?" He gives me a dirty look before reluctantly closing his laptop and spewing whispered curses under his breath.

"Stupid evil face that makes me want to punch it," he mutters.

"Huh what was that?"

"Nothing I just really hate that stupid face of yours!"

"That's a lie I know you love it."

"I hope it doesn't have your hideous face!"

"Well, then that means it gets yours. Then I'll have two of you to love." He scoffs at me.