The first step and a few steps backward

Holy piss. There's like 95 reads. That's a lot for someone who only had like 30 the first day. Well, thanks for reading this and I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Once again. Big thanks to @thatRWBYguy for giving me a shoutout. He's got a really good story so if you think mine is pretty good, you should go check his out. He's got memes. Anyways, on with teh story!!

(POV: Y/N)

I'm putting on my jacket and putting Destiny's Ward into my holsters. I turn to see that Jaune is perplexed as to why he can't find his locker.

Jaune: So... we're pretty much best friends at this point, right (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah, of course.

Jaune: So you'll try and get a spot on team Jaune, right?

(Y/N): I can try, but I can't promise anything. I'm already gonna make one to someone else.

Jaune: Oh, right. Ruby, huh?

(Y/N): Yeah. I think she's probably the most capable of us to be a team leader.

Jaune: Oh, you're just saying that because you have a crush on her.

(Y/N): Huh!? No! Whatever makes you say that!? No crushes here!!

Jaune: Well, my friend, I can tell when a guy likes a girl and vice versa.

I look over Jaune's shoulder and see Weiss talking with Pyrrha. I remember that he hasn't met her yet.

(Y/N): Yeah, sure you can.

Jaune: Hmm?

(Y/N): Never mind. Hey, I'm gonna go and find Ruby. I'll catch up with you in a bit. Later Jaune!

Jaune: Wait! (Y/N)! Could you help me find my locker? Ah, crap... he's gone.

(POV: Ruby)

I was storing Crescent Rose in my locker and talking with Yang about teams when Bryan came up and started talking with us.

Yang: Oh, you again.

Bryan: I'm not here to fight, Blondie. I just wanna talk with your sister.

Yang: Fine, but make it quick.

Bryan: So Ruby... I hear that they're placing us in teams. Got any people in mind?

Ruby: Well, a few. I could try Yang's or Jaune's. Ooh and also (Y/N)'s team.

Bryan: Oh, you don't wanna be on his team. He can't fight that well.

Ruby: (Kinda angry) That's not true!

Bryan: Oh no?

Ruby: He's helped me stop a dust robbery! I've seen him fight! He's got cool weapons! He's awes-

Bryan: Well, I've also got a pretty cool weapon. And I can beat that nerd eas-

Ruby: Could you stop calling him a nerd?

Bryan: Why? He's clearly hopeless. I bet he'll die in the exam. You don't want him to be on your team. I, however, am an alternative. So if you don't want that screw up on your team, come find me.

Ruby: Can you stop? He's not a screw up, he's my friend.

Yang: I think he's said enough. You can leave now.

Bryan: Whatever. If you change your mind, I'll save you a spot on my team. (Walks away)

Ruby: Yeah, whatever.

Yang: What a jerk.

Ruby: (Y/N) says that he's mad because he tried to go after his ex and failed.