nine months of pregnancy

"congratulation ma'am, it's a baby boy," the nurse handed her the crying human wrapped in a fluffy white towel.

heejin cried in happiness once she held her son in her arms, "he's so cute."

"ma'am have you already decided the name?" the nurse asked.

she nodded her head as a yes, forcing out a smile, "yes but i'll wait for my husband."

the nurse smiled awkwardly, finding the situation rare. almost every person who gave birth would be accompanied by their husband beside them to give support but this patient was different.

seeing the confused look on the nurse's face, heejin muttered, "my husband is at work. he's currently busy.."

however, shortly after, the door burst opened with a familiar figure panting to catch his breath. "i'm sorry i got caught up with work-- oh.. let me see our baby!" he took their baby and his face softened when the baby stopped crying.

"you're late again," heejin remarked.

her husband sat on the chair beside the bed, sighing, "sorry, you know how busy the company is right now. kimin has already started his own company and you're on leave. we are short of skilled person."

she frowned, not wanting to pick up a fight again and just watched her husband admiring their son.

the nurse faked a cough, trying to get their attention, "may i know the name of the baby now sir and ma'am?"

"it's lee donghyuck," they both said in unison.

five months old donghyuck

donghyuck wailed, filling the room with his high pitched cry. heejin closed her eyes in worry and frustration as she waited for her husband to pick up the call.

"what's wrong heejin?" he asked, voice laced with annoyance.

"when are you coming back home? donghyuck has a high fever! i want you to drive me to the clinic!"

"why can't you drive yourself?" he questioned in irritation.

heejin massaged her temple, trying to hold back herself, "how can i drive when he's crying like crazy! hear this!" she moved the phone in front of donghyuck who kept on sobbing. "you hear that?!"