Wakiya x scared reader

It was a normal day, as always, the constant fear that something was lurking around every corner didn't stop you from lightly padding your way through the dark halls of Wakiya's mansion.

It was storming pretty badly outside and you couldn't sleep, as you wandered around, finding the dinning room, and the laundry room,  and the kitchen.

You saw a small glow coming from inside the training room as you peeked your head around the corner and into the training room.

"Rip!" Wakiya yelled as he pulled his launch cord, and commanded his beyblade to do a shield crash.

'He must be trying to perfect his new move, shield Crash.' You thought to yourself letting out a surprised squeak as Thunder crackled through the air.

You watched as Wakiya twirled around to face you, a permanent bitch face on his face. "(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" he snarled at you.

Gulping you flinched at the tone of his voice, you noticed his expression soften once he noticed how venerable you looked.

"Honestly, you should be in bed, sleeping. Why are you up this late?" He asked again, his voice softened slightly.

"I um... I c-couldn't sleep..." You murmured, looking down at your bare feet in slippers.

"I know you, (Y/n) your a deep sleeper. There's gotta be more to it than that." Wakiya grabbed his bey and made his way over to you.

"You'd think I'm stupid if I tell you." You murmured softly.

Wakiya was surprised as his frown deepened, he grabbed your chin in his hand and forced you to look up at him, confused as he saw tears weld up in your sparkling (e/c) eyes.

"I won't think your stupid, I promise. Now can you please tell me whats wrong?"

"I-I'm scared of bad storms..." You murmured and avoided eye contact to the best of your ability.

"That's not stupid. A lot of people don't like storms." Wakiya brought you closer to him and pulled you into a warm embrace.

Flinching when more thunder went of shaking the mansion slightly, you huddled closer to him, the first few tears slipping down your soft cheeks.

Wakiya slowly picked you up, his arm going under your thighs, and another wrapping around your waist as he walked through the halls to his room.

"You can stay with me tonight, how does tha' sound?"

"G-Good." (Y/n) whimpered softly into his chest as you felt him set you down on his very cosy mattress and extremely soft, dark purple blankets.

Wakiya sat next to you, cupping your cheeks and wiping your tears away. "Can you tell me why your so scared of storms?"

"I've always been scared of storms... The first few friends I've had found out and thought it would be funny to send me outside, in the backyard with a tent and a flash light during a bad storm," You started out while looking down.

"That night, I was alright through some of it, hiding under the blankets they'd thrown into the tents when there was suddenly a large flash of light." you paused for a moment, replaying the memory in your head.

"I suddenly felt excruciating pain all through out my body. Mostly on my shoulder blade," Wakiya's eyes widened as he gasped. You had pulled back your shirt, showing a large scar across your shoulder.

"That night I was rushed to the hospital. The doctors didn't expect me to survive a blow like that. I was out cold for a week. When I had awakened, the doctors told me I had gotten struck by lightning."

Wakiya hugged you tightly, "I'm so sorry, (Y/n)..." he whispered into your hair, you smiled sadly at him.

"Ever since then I've been terrified of storms. I never told anyone else because i thought they would do the same thing to me as before."

Wakiya frowned, "I won't tell a soul, alright? I'm happy you survived that."

"Why?"

"Because if you didn't i wouldn't have found the girl that I've come to love."

"You l-love m-me?" (Y/n) looked up at him, her cheeks rosey pink and her eyes wide.

"Yes, I do." Wakiya smiled, leaning in and planting a kiss on her quivering lips.

"I love you too." (Y/n) smiled, hugging him, the rest of the night they stayed up cuddling.

When (Y/n) fell asleep Wakiya made sure she was comfortable before covering them up with his blanket and going to sleep as well.

Okay, honestly, I thought this one shot was going to be way shorter than it is. Sorry if Wakiya is ooc lol. Anyways, dont forget to vote and comment. Requests are always open. Next is Free x Sassy reader! Have a wonderful day/night!
~802 words
~T