Chapter Sixty-Eight

We had no choice. We had to follow suit. I just wouldn't be fighting. I couldn't for the sake of my child.

I grab our bag of clothes and Jasper's toys and one with our rations. Even Jasper had a little satchel on, I took his food in my bag, so he just had toys and books in his, but he felt like a big kid.

When he couldn't walk anymore Bellamy and I would take turns carrying him.

We trekked through the desert with thousands of men and women. We tried to distract Jasper by having him count and spell words for us.

Bellamy held a gun, which I could tell made our boy uneasy.

"Mommy said guns are bad." Jasper tells his father.

"They are if they are in the wrong hands." His father replied. Bellamy's radio goes off, Echo speaks into it, in trugedasleng. He turned away to talk to her. Harper follows after him, I do too. "Echo-"

"Wait she's speaking trig for a reason." Harper injected.

Bellamy replies in trig. Echo replies in the same tongue. He scoffed in reply.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"They know we're coming." He sighed irritably.

"Shi... ugh." I groaned out of frustration. "Clarke?" I asked.

"It had to be." Bellamy agreed.

"Bellamy, if Clarke's on their side, she speaks Trig, too." Harper stated.

Echo and Bellamy talked back and forth, I really wished I learned the tongue in space instead of changing dirty diapers.

"We're on it, be safe." Echo replied in English. "Over and out."

"They will be defending the valley. Echo is trying to find us the best way in. Let's hope she pulls through." Bellamy told us. We nodded our heads in reply.

We joined the crowd once again. I felt so exhausted with the heat on me. I talked to Bellamy, trying to find something else to focus on.

"Remember when you were... dancing with all the girls at the 100 camp? I remember you constantly... danced with two girls at a time." I smirked.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me."

"Bellamy Blake, the lady killer." I teased.

"Daddy killed?" Jasper gasped.

"No, that's not what that means. It means... girls loved daddy when he was younger." I tried to explain vaguely.

"They still do." Bellamy muttered.

I scoffed at him playfully. "Please."

"But daddy only loves you, right mommy?" Jasper asked me.

"I hope so." I replied, staring directly at Bellamy.

"I do, I only love mommy." Bellamy said firmly.

"Because she's the best you're ever gonna get." I added with a smile.

He rolled his eyes. "Yes, dear." A guard came by and took Bellamy's gun away. "What the hell?"

"Octavia's orders." Miller said beside the other guard before walking away.

"I'll be back." Bellamy approached Octavia and Indra followed him. They still aren't giving up, after everything.

He looked really pissed off, for good reason. I understood why he'd be so angry. We were walking towards a massacre and it wasn't fair.