Chapter Sixty-Four

Shortly after Bellamy left, Jasper fell asleep in my arms. Madi brought us to a cave where we'd be safe... for now.

"You're not a bad mom, Prim." Monty finally said, he could read my face like a book.

"He just watched people die." I replied sadly. "What kind of mother am I then?"

"One that only wants the best for their child." Echo said. "Don't beat yourself up. With Octavia as his aunt, he'll see it eventually."

"But he's only five. I can't allow anything bad to happen to him. Those bastards are going to burn." I growled.

"Prim, you are a caring mother. Don't beat yourself up. I could've used a mother like you." Emori said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I-I am sorry. I am just... today had been the most action packed day I've had in five years."

"We've been in space for 6." Harper stated.

"But five years ago, I gave birth." I thought for a moment. "I thought Murphy was going to faint." I chuckled.

"Remember Monty's face?" Harper giggled.

"I saw everything." He said, with wide eyes.

"Emori actually had the guts to deliver him." I smirked over at her.

"Raven was there too, panicking." She added.

We spend the rest of the night in silence. Madi came back that night without my boyfriend. He was in the process of making a deal and to save Clarke. When the next day rolled around we ate berries and I showed Jasper butterflies. He was amazed. He touched a living tree.

He loved it. I had him spell the word tree for me and dirt. I used teaching him as a distraction from what happened the other day. It seemed like another day went by with no sign of Clarke or Bellamy. I assumed they'd get our people out. I wondered what my dad was like now. I looked forward to introducing him to Jasper.

"Where's daddy?" Jasper asked.

"Daddy is busy. He's with our friends. He'll be coming to get us soon." I tell him.

We've had no news of our people. Two more nights roll in, two terrible nights.

But during one of our slumbers, we hear Echo whistle. We come out to see Murphy.

"Where's Raven?" Harper asked him.

"She's still there." Murphy replied. He had a metal collar around his neck.

"You left her?" Emori questioned. "Why am I not surprised?"

"She made a deal to get me out. Listen-"

"Shock collar?" Monty asked, reaching out.

"Trust me. I wouldn't do that."

"What about Abby and Kane? We saw them being led off the ship." Harper asked.

"You did?" He asked.

"That means Bellamy got the bunker open. Did he not come back?" Echo asked.

"What about Clarke?" Madi asked.

"Who's the hobbit?" Murphy asked, gesturing to Madi, Clarke's small friend. "Never mind. We just got to get a warning to Bellamy before they fire their missiles."

"Missiles?" I gasped.

"Yeah, as in fiery death from above. Raven said that we need to get into radio range. Where's the Rover?"

"Bear cave. I'll drive." Madi said walking away. "Don't worry. The bears are gone."

We all follow her, Monty carried Jasper for me. We arrive to the cave and I sit in the back with my son while Murphy radios, trying to contact Bellamy.