Chapter Eighteen

I started to hear shooting. I bolted down the ladder only to see Clarke being carried by Finn. Bellamy and Octavia followed behind.

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"Clarke was just getting people's attention with the shots." Octavia said softly.

"What else did Lincoln tell you?" Finn asked turning to Octavia.

"The virus doesn't last long." She said.

"It's true. I feel better." Murphy spoke up.

"They need to stay hydrated." Clarke said sternly.

"You need to stay hydrated." Finn told her.

"Okay." she sipped her cup of water. "Them, too. Please?"

"It's okay. I'll do it. Just rest." Octavia said.

"I'll help you." Murphy said.

"Me too. I feel perfectly fine." I added.

"You need to save yourselves. Just leave camp. Take anyone healthy enough with you." Clarke said.

"If you think that's even a possibility, you don't know me very well." Finn told her.

"I know you."

"Look. At this rate, when the Grounders get here, there won't be anyone left to fight back." Murphy stated.

"That's the point." Octavia said.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"This virus is to hurt us. The Grounders are on their way to kill us all. They'll be here by Dawn." Bellamy explained to me.

"We'll slow them down." Finn smirked.

His plan was to bomb the bridge to slow the Grounders.

While Bellamy and Finn went over the plan Octavia, Murphy and I took care of the sick.

"Prim!" Berlin hollered coming inside. He was holding another ill person.

I have him put the girl on a blanket on the ground. I turned her on her side as she spit up blood.

"I don't want to die." She cried.

"You won't." I told her softly. "I won't let it happen."

Berlin looked terrified.

"You need to leave before you get sick too." I told him firmly.

"I'm not leaving her." He replied sharply.

I stood there for a moment, shocked that my twin would ever like someone.

"Okay, keep a close eye on her, keep her hydrated and make sure to lay her on her side when blood comes up." He nodded his head and sat beside her and held her hand.

"You're with Bellamy now, aren't you." Murphy said softly walking up to me. I looked back to see if Berlin heard but he was too stuck in his own world. I was relieved and turned back to Murphy.

"Why does everyone think that?" I groaned.

"Because it's true." He replied smirking.

"Let me clean you up." I said changing the subject. I grabbed a wet washcloth. I sat him down on a stool and I washed the dry blood off his face.

"He likes you, I could tell he always did. He called you-"

"Ditsy, I know."

"He likes you, and you like him. Your secret isn't that much of a secret."

"The last thing Berlin needs to think is that I'm screwing his leader."

"Berlin knows you better than that." Murphy insisted.

"I wish that was true." I sighed glancing at my brother.

Soon I could see Murphy's clean skin. I could only do half of it before we actually needed to attend the sick.

Bellamy came in with blood all over his mouth.

"Bell?" I said weakly. I was completely scared.

Octavia laid him down on a cot.

I got on the other side of him.

"I'm scared." Bellamy said softly.

"I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." Octavia told him.

"That's what I said to you the day you were born."

"I know. You told me that, like, a thousand times." She replied with a smile.

"I'm glad you're here." He told her. he looked over at me and smiled weakly. "You too."

"Just get some rest now, Prim will take care of you, okay?"

He nodded his head. She got up and went to attend another patient real quick.

I stroked his hair. A tear falls from his eye.

"Sing to me." He begged.

"You know I'm no good." I said softly.

"Please, Prim."

"Are you, are you coming to the tree..." I sang to him. I got through half of the song when he was finally asleep. 

I didn't leave his side. I held onto his hand for what felt like forever. Octavia joined me for majority of the night. She knew I liked her brother, but I think this was when she realized her brother liked me.

I cleaned Bellamy up a little bit while he slept.

Berlin glanced at me once in awhile. I tried to avoid eye contact.

Bellamy's eyes fluttered open a little bit.

"Hey." I said softly while playing with his hair.

He gave me a small smile. "Hey,"

"Do you have to cough?" I asked curiously.

"No," He held onto my hand. I looked up to see my brother glancing over at me.

"Berlin is in here." I whispered.

"I don't care." Bellamy said weakly. His eye lids were getting heavy again. I just rubbed my thumb over his knuckles while holding his hand.

"Get some rest, Bellamy."

He gave me a soft smile before falling back into a deep sleep.

"You need to sleep." Murphy said approaching me.

"I'm fine." I yawned.

"No, he's right." Clarke said coming up to me.

I nodded my head and kissed Bellamy's head. I wasn't scared for Clarke or Berlin to see me. Everyone clearly already knew I loved him. I've loved him since I was the young girl on the Ark.

"Let me know when he wakes up." I said to Clarke. She nodded her head as I left.