Chapter Fifty-Two

We gathered up all the wounded and took care of them. I helped Abby bandage some people up. My gaze kept falling on Bellamy, he looked pale.

I decided to go up to him. He gave me a quick grin before pulling his lips back into a line.

"Hey, what's wrong? I overheard Clarke... what does she mean by that we didn't save the world?" I asked him in a low voice.

He let out a sharp exhale. I didn't know what to expect. "Nothing's wrong. You know Clarke, she's just being overdramatic." He tried his best to give me a smile. I didn't believe him and he knew I didn't. To ignore talking to me, he walked over to Clarke and whispered.

I felt a lump grow in my throat, anxiety was getting the best of me. I glanced around the room and found Murphy and his girlfriend talking, he looked at her with so much love. It was such a different look and it suited his face.

Without saying a word Abby, Bellamy and Clarke leave the tower.

I stayed back with everyone, I knew they wouldn't of wanted me to tag along. When Kane and Jaha got the courage to leave, I decided the room was becoming suffocating. I joined them on their quest down the tower.

When we made it down, we were greeted with pools of blood, and wails of absolute sadness. I felt my heart wrench for these people. Women held onto their dead, praying for them to wake up.

"What have I done?" Jaha gasped.

"What have we done?" Kane corrected.

Abby approached us with an angry strut. "I told you to stay upstairs with the rest of the wounded. Do you need another shot?" She looked over at me. "You should've made them stay!"

"You try keeping 3 hundred pounds in one place." I spoke with an edge in my voice.

Jaha left us and Abby turned her gaze to Kane. "Do Miller and Jackson have everything they need up there?"

"Yeah, they blame us for the chip. It's not safe for us here anymore." Kane told her.

"Wanheda! Wanheda! Wanheda!" Grounders started to shout.

"Clarke," Abby gasped.

We run into Clarke and Bellamy. For some reason, Bellamy refused to make eye contact with me.

"Good, you're down. We have to go, the rover's in the north woods." Clarke said, looking over me.

"What about the wounded?" Abby asked.

"The grounders don't want our help. Our people we treat at Arkadia." Bellamy injected.

"Hello? Bellamy, come in." Raven said over a radio.

Bellamy took out the radio and eagerly spoke. "Raven. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, we're all in one piece." Raven responded.

"Good, there's something we need you to look into." He tells her.

"First tell me how my friends are. Did everyone make it? Clarke?"

Clarke grabbed the radio out of Bellamy's hands. "I'm here, thanks to you. Raven did ALIE ever tell you why she created the City of Light?"

"No, why?" She asked.

"The king! He's alive we need a healer!" A grounder hollered.

Clarke pushed the radio bavk into Bellamy's hands. "Go, fill Raven in. They need a doctor!" She quickly ran towards the crowd- Kane and Abby quickly follow.

I looked over at Bellamy, who quickly turned away and spoke to Raven. I decided to follow Clatke to check on Roan.

"Roan? He got shot trying to help me. I thought he was dead." Clarke said.