Chapter Sixty-Three

Raven and Echo were rough housing again, practicing fighting. I hated it. Jasper wanted to join them but I refused to let him.

Bellamy taught him a little bit, but nothing that could backfire. He felt bored most of the time, being the only child on the ark.

I'd read to him and tell him stories about earth. We'd watch the earth and he'd tell me what he thinks is down there.

I take him aside and sit next to a large window and I'd read him a book. The only book he likes which is about a super dog.

I glanced up out the window. To see another ship on orbit to earth. I dropped the book.

"Mommy?" Jasper called.

I got up and grabbed his little hand and raced down the hallway to the others. Suddenly the lights go out, scaring Jasper. I finally make it into the room where everyone was.

Jasper was whimpering. Bellamy instantly went up to us and took our son off my hands to comfort him.

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay." He told him in calming voice.

"Why do we have the lights off? Who is that?" I asked rapidly.

"We don't want them to know we're here. We don't know who these people are and what their capable of." Bellamy explained.

We don't have a way to get back to earth, and it certainly ran through my mind that we could use their help, if they were our people.

"We should light up the ring, let them know we're here." Murphy spoke up. It was surprising to see him here with the group.

"First, we find out who they are, and then we ask them for help." Bellamy said firmly. He looked over at Raven who was by the radio. "Raven?"

"Nothing. Their comms might be disabled. Or the ship could be unmanned." She shrugged.

"Or it's manned by aliens who prefer anal probes to radios." Murphy suggested cynically.

"Don't say anal." I ordered, glancing at my son. I watched as Bellamy kissed his little head. He leaned against his dad for comfort.

"You know what, I'm turning on the lights." Murphy shrugged.

Emori blocked his way. "That's enough. We make decisions as a team here, even if we can't stand the sight of each other."

"Look, all I'm saying is, it wasn't there yesterday. Now it's in geosynchronous orbit, which means someone is piloting it, correct?"

"It could be an AI." Harper suggested with a shrug.

"I prefer the aliens." Murphy muttered.

"Something's happening." I gasped at the sight of a smaller ship. "A second ship."

"That must be a transport. It's heading for the ground. Emori, fire up the radio." Raven ordered. Emori ran over to help her out. "Mayday, mayday. We are stranded aboard the space station to your west. Please respond!"

There was no response sadly.

"Great. Looks like we just lost our last chance to get back to the ground." Murphy muttered bitterly.

"I think we should sneak over to their ship and steal some fuel, we are almost out and we could use some." Bellamy spoke up.

"That's a risk, Bell." I told him.

"But it could be worth it." Raven stated.

"No, I'm not doing it. We have a boy to worry about here!" I shouted, gesturing to our son.