Arriana's Return - Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"I'm going to go to Coresova. I'll help gain control and take my place at the throne," Arriana finally said.

Everybody smiled. Someone actually let out a big sigh. They looked relieved about her decision. They were finally happy with something that came out of her mouth. Arriana however, was still having reservations. How did she know if this was the right thing to do? She grabbed the cup of coffee in front of her and slowly sipped at it again.

"Will Barwick be able to find enough people to make an army?" Arriana mused.

Deacon smiling coyly looked at her. "There won't be just people in your army, majesty."

"What do you mean? And don't call me that." Arriana shook her head.

She might be a queen, but she wasn't majesty. She could feel her cheeks growing hot at the thought of Deacon being one of her subjects.

"Well, the mythical creatures and beasts. That's what," Marc said.

"I'm sorry, the what? I must have misheard you. And if they're real they're not mythical, now are they?"

"Okay you smart ass, where do I start though," he replied.

"At the beginning would be good," she said with a hint of sarcasm still in her tone.

"There is Cartra the sphinx, Edgar the griffin, yes his name is Edgar, Aroman the patriarch of the centaur tribe, Cerate the patriarch of the Minotaur's, Amarok the giant wolf, the shapeshifters clan, Arion, the unicorns and Pegasus. Shall I go on?"

"There's more? They're really real? I thought they were just myths! I didn't know you were being serious."

She was trying to sort through the info and did not know if she should believe now or wait until she actually saw the myths with her own eyes.

"There were families who also have the ancient magic. I'm not sure how many are left if any." Marc sighed heavily with the faraway look in his eyes he always got when he was thinking hard.

"I see. Do you think they made it?" Arriana asked concerned.

She knew that if there were others who knew magic they would be able to help her learn.

"I'm not sure."

"So since I have this magic or whatever do I get to use a wand or anything? That would be so cool."

"Actually you do. Your mother's wand was hidden in the castle before her death. Nobody knows where it is though. You'll have to find it," Marc replied.

"So I get to live in a castle too?" She was sounding more excited but also apprehensive as though she wasn't sure if she did or wanted to believe anything still.

"Once you defeat Lucas you do," Beau reminded her.

"That figures. This guy really is ruining things for everyone isn't he?"

"He has destroyed many lives," Beau told her sadly. "Including yours."

"Then I want to stop him. I want Coresova to be the peaceful land it was when my biological parents were ruling."

Marc, who finally had a slight look of relief on his face, spoke up, "This will not be easy, Arriana. It is going to be a long and arduous task. Are you sure you are prepared to endure this tremendous responsibility?"

The rest of the people in the room, including Arriana, looked at him with bewilderment.

"I thought that you wanted me to fight this guy? Why are you asking if I'm sure now?" Agitation filled her voice.

"Because I'm not sure you understand just how intense this is going to be. You still have a lot of learning and training to go through," Marc retorted.

"I understand all of this and I want to help. I want to take over for my parents and overthrow this evil man. Nobody deserves to live the way he is making them live. Everyone is equal whether he or she is king or peasant, human or mythological creature. This is something I'm fighting with myself about. I am willing to give up my life here, my family and my future and you're going to question me on whether or not I can handle it? I am a very determined person Doare and of all people, you should know this! So do not question me." She was glaring at Marc now, furious that he would question her after all the grief everybody had given her last night.

"Forgive me, your majesty," he apologized while bowing slightly to her with a little smile on his face. "That is how a queen should sound

"Wait, you did that on purpose?" Arriana questioned. She narrowed her eyes at the man, her nostrils flared and her fists were clenched at her side.

"Yes, please do forgive me. I just wanted to make sure that you would be able to handle someone questioning you. Even something as simple as asking if you're ready for ruling a kingdom."

"That's not a simple task, Marc," she replied coolly.

"I know. You will be great just like your parents."

Arriana stood before her friends and family knowing her life was about to change drastically. She was no longer Arriana the girl from Spitner Street in Smithtown. She was Queen Arriana Bawors of Coresova. She knew she was not prepared to rule an entire world, go into battle but she was willing to do it for those she loved. For those who apparently needed her. But why her? She had no idea. She still viewed herself as that average, normal teenager. Nothing extra special.