Arriana's Return - Chapter 19

Chapter 18

"You're not some weirdo, are you? You're just my big ol' pudgy budgie, aren't you?"

He just snorted in return. Smiling just a little, she hugged him and got a lick on the ear in return. She needed some normalcy. The wind picked up a bit outside and snow began to fall softly. Arriana began to cry while Beau lay there with her, nudging at her until she smiled again. They watched the snowfall from the heavens above to the frozen earth below. A lot had happened today. How is it possible for a person to go from an ordinary teenager to the magical queen of another world? She was ready for the day to be over. Knowing that her parents were probably not really her parents and that she was supposedly a queen of some faraway land that was connected to this world by ingression of some sort had her mind reeling. Sighing heavily, she rolled over so she was on her belly and scooted so that she was facing Beau.

"Well old boy. What do you think? Should I believe them? Do you think I'm the queen of this Coresova?"

The shaggy head shook as if saying yes. She just grinned at him.

"You know I am losing it. I thought you were saying yes for a second there, but you can't talk, can you? You're just my big fluffy pudgy budge, aren't you?"

Rolling the massive dog onto his back, she started rubbing his belly until his leg started to shake. Laughing heartily, she rolled him back over onto his side. Arriana was not sure what he was. He looked like there might be some German shepherd, a smidge of wolf and something else, either way, he was big and he gorgeous.

"Well, my big ol' man, how about we hit the hay?" She asked, hugging Beau.

The night had produced a fresh blanket of snow over the world.

I wonder if it snows in Coresova. She thought bitterly. Arriana stood at her window gazing out over everything trying to remember the restless dreams she had. She always heard of inner struggles but this was ridiculous. She never thought one quite like the one that was waging inside of her mind right now existed. Despite her apprehensions on whether everything she was told the night before was true or not she decided she would take their word on it. Those people were the ones she trusted most. They had shaped and guided her for seventeen years so she would give them the benefit of the doubt.

Turning away from the wondrous sight in front of her, she headed toward her bathroom to get ready for the day. She had been contemplating how to talk to everyone. She stood in the ceramic tub letting the hot water run over her body. Different conversations and outcomes were running through her mind; playing out as if they were happening right then and there. She reluctantly got out of the shower and got ready for the day. Before she stepped into the kitchen, Arriana took a deep breath preparing for what she would tell them. How could she approach anyone after yelling like that last night? She was surprised to see the kitchen full. Mary, Scott, Danni, Johnny, Zoe, Deacon and Marc were standing around, obviously waiting for her to go to breakfast. Mary hurried to put the last of the food she was preparing on the table and began to pour a cup of coffee. She signaled for Arriana to sit down while handing her the steaming cup of coffee. Arriana knew they were going to try to talk to her again.

"Arriana, sweetheart, we know this is a lot for you to take in right now but time is of the essence. You need to listen to us and please, believe us. We would never lie to you or steer you wrong. We were told not to tell you and that when the time was right everything would be revealed," Mary said.

"Mom, I-" but she was cut off before she could even begin.

"Before you start Arriana please know that we, the three of us and Beau will be by your side at all times," Marc said.