Arriana's Return - Chapter 56

Chapter 56

"Do not think for one second I won't kill you Lucas right here," Arriana cried out as Deacon guided her out of the room with his arms around her. Zoe cut Barwick loose and helped him up.

"Get moving Henry," she snapped.

"Zoe, please. I didn't..."

"I don't want to hear it. Arriana will deal with you at the village."

"Zoe, just listen to me."

"No."

"Zoe, listen to what the man has to say," Barwick choked out.

"Fine. Spit it out, Henry."

"Yes, I'm Lucas' son but he is not my father. I was raised by my mother and the man she was married to. Lucas, did something awful to my family. I was not meant to be born."

Wait, what?" Zoe looked at him confused, but knew what he meant.

"I'm not supposed to be alive. Lucas took advantage of my mother. Which is why she and my father, the man who raised me for a little while at least, moved to the Northern Mountains. He found my mom and dad and murdered the village."

"Why didn't you just tell us before? Arriana would have understood."

"I was scared. I didn't want her to think poorly of me just because that vile monster is my father."

"Well, she'll be by to see you later. Tell her."

Zoe helped Barwick's as she trailed after Arriana and Deacon to the courtyard. The only ones who were standing were their group.

"We found who we were looking for; let's go back to the village."

"Arriana, please talk to me," Henry pleaded.

"Don't talk to her," Deacon snapped at him, pulling Arriana in closer.

"It's not up to you," Henry replied.

"I said I would deal with you at the village and that's what I'm going to do. Until then do not speak to me. Do you understand?" Arriana was in his face.

Her chin quivered as she bit back the tears.

She turned, mounted Arion and they were off.

Lucas watched from the front doors as the small group headed across the drawbridge. He reached his hand up and wiped away the blood from his face. He knew that she meant business now. He had awakened a beast and was unsure if he could handle it.

"Sire? Are you having doubts about having kidnapped Barwick? Do you think it was a mistake?" a short man asked him.

"No, Noni. It was not a mistake. She almost killed me but did not. She has the same weakness as her father. And now I know an even bigger weakness, my dear boy." Lucas let the evil smirk spread across his lips.

"I thought his mother hated you?"

"She does. Arriana doesn't know that though and from the looks of it I don't think she'll listen to anything the boy has to say."

"Do you need that gash looked at, sire?" Noni asked.

"No." He reached his hand up to stare at the blonde that covered his fingers, after contemplating the fact that it was his own blood he licked his fingers, smiling cruely.

The thought that he finally found her weakness amused and excited him.

"For her being like her father, she sure did cut you deep," Noni said thoughtfully.

"Mind yourself. Otherwise you'll end up with two broken wrists like your friend there," Lucas said, motioning to the still useless Ferrtharo.

"Of course. I don't even know why I mentioned it." Noni walked toward Ferrtharo.

Lucas stood at the doors for a while longer just staring into the woods beyond the castle walls. He knew that not far out there, an army was preparing to go to war in two months. He knew there was a little girl determined to get revenge for her family. He also knew if he did not watch his step she would succeed. His own army's numbers were massive, he had no idea of the sheer mass of Arriana's. His thoughts began to roam back to that night. The night the baby got away.

It's her father's fault she is still alive. If he had not had one of those damn visions they would all be dead and I would not have to worry about this ridiculous battle in two months. I hope they're all ready to die. There will be no mercy or prisoners this time. They all die. But that girl, Arriana, she is mine. I want the pleasure of finishing off the Bawors line myself.

He grinned smugly and headed down the corridor to the library. He had battle plans to go over. He knew that since Arriana had learned how to use her powers and her fathers' sword he had to increase training. He was not about to let some freak defeat him in battle. He held his hand to his neck; she had come close to killing him today.