chapter 6

In a few moments, Chloe found out where. She was now walking down a cobble stone path, right next to Luka and the river.

In a tree up ahead, there was a small tree house and branches big enough to sit upon. Chloe stared upwards, partially confused. When Luka saw her blank expression, he explained.

"When me and Juleka were little we used to always come here. It has a great view of the river, and its very relaxing."

Luka started climbing up the tree. As soon as he was high enough, he helped Chloe up. She was quite clueless to Luka's kindness, but she didn't waver him away. When they were securely on the branches, Luka started playing a soft tune on his guitar.

It was free, yet relaxing, and it seemed to make Chloe feel better, but that thread of guilt kept tugging at her.

"You have a nice mom." Chloe said, trying to start a conversation.

"Thanks. She's the best." Luka said. He was always quiet, yet Chloe knew more was going on in his mind than she knew.

"It must be nice to have a mother that's always there for you,  and cares about you-and-and..... actually loves you."

Chloe started to cry at the last portion of her sentence. She didn't know what overcame her. She just felt so miserable, and her troubles came pouring out.

When Chloe began to sob, Luka immediately put down his guitar and when over to her. He wrapped his arms around Chloe in a warming way.

"Hey, its okay. You poor girl." He kept saying to her. He knew something was messing with Chloe. He had never really thought about how neglected Chloe could have been treated by her parents. Chloe soon was able to calm down her sobs, but she stayed in Luka's warm embrace.

"Now go ahead and tell me what really bugging you." Luka said.

Chloe didn't know if it was luka, or the cool flow of the water below her, but before she knew it she was pouring everything out. About her grades falling, sneaking off to the concert, of how her mother never cared for her, and everything else.

Every time she brought up a new topic to worry about, Luka hugged her tighter, feeling very sorry for the poor girl. He wanted to make her feel better in any way he could, but he wasn't sure how. He just kept embracing her.

Soon they were both just sitting there together, not saying a word, but staring at the beautiful lake below them. Luka's phone suddenly made a dinging sound, and he grabbed it to check his messages.

"Wow, its getting late. My mom wants to know where I'm at." Luka glanced down at Chloe. He didn't want to leave Chloe.

"I better get home." chloe said while sighing. She hated to move even a muscle, as she enjoyed it quite well being in Luka's arms. She moved up however, and climbed down the tree after Luka.

"Hey, Chloe, I know your life is hard right now, but if you need anything, I'm here." Luka said to her. Chloe was glad it was dark, for she was blushing quite a lot.

"Thanks Luka." she said before walking up the cobblestone path back to her limo.

Her driver was there, no doubt sleeping. Chloe waked him up, then told him to bring her to her fathers hotel. She didn't even bother to check the few hundred messages asking where she was.

💢

Chloe snuck back into the hotel and scurried to her room. She was so tired she didn't even bother to change her clothes, but instead she flopped down on her bed as all her time with Luka went threw her subconscious mind.

A few hours later Mr. Bourgeois walked into chloe's room. When he saw her sleeping soundlessly in her bed, he breathed a sigh of relief, then retired to his own bedroom.