Chapter 15

Johnny and Mavis were sitting on Mike and Linda's roof talking to each other about what happened inside. "Sorry about all that stuff," Johnny said. "I guess they thought you'd like it." "Why do I feel so weird here?" Mavis asked. "No, hon," Johnny said. "They're being weird." "I think they're just trying to help me," Mavis said. "I mean, I grew up learning nothing inside the hotel, and you learned about everything growing up in Santa Claus." "Santa Cruz, but, uh..." Johnny said. "Maybe If Dennis grows up away from Transylvania, he won't be so freaky," Mavis said. "Like me." "Are you nuts?" Johnny asked. "Mavis, you're a blast. You're so full of life and curious about everything. If Dennis grows up to be just like you, I'll be the luckiest Dad in the world." "I love you, Johnnystein," Mavis said as she hugged Johnny. "You know what? As long as we're together, we'll be happy anywhere. Even at the hotel." "Yes," Johnny whispered before someone texted him.

Johnny broke away from the hug and checked his phone. "What are you doing?" Mavis asked. "Whoa! Check out this video my friend sent me," Johnny said. "This kid is an awesome daredevil." Mavis looked at her husband's phone just in time to see Dennis falling into Joey's arms. "Huh?" Johnny said nervously when he noticed his son and brother. "Wait, is that Dennis?" Mavis asked. "No! Is it? No," Johnny panicked. "It's just hard to see. But-, oops. Just deleted it so it's gone." Mavis then pulled out her phone and called her father. "Johnny, call your brother please," she said as she used her powers to move Johnny to the ground. "I need to talk to my father." Johnny nodded before getting on the phone app and calling Joey.
Meanwhile in Transylvania
The fire department had arrived and had already put out most of the fires. They were currently hosing down Frank. Joey was sitting on the grass with Dennis in his lap. Suddenly, Drac's phone started ringing. "It's Mavis!" Drac exclaimed. "I'm not answering it!" "C'mon, Drac. You have to," Frank said. "Alright!" Drac shouted as he answered the call. "Yes, honeybunch?" "Dad, where are you?" Mavis asked. "Um... We just got back to the hotel and we're having a little cookout," Drac lied. "It's perfectly safe." "What is that noise?" Mavis asked nervously. "Is that a siren?" "Oh, those are just some wailing banshees checking in," Drac lied. "Quiet, you banshees! We're trying to have a perfectly safe cookout over here!" "Mommy!" I wanna say hi!" Dennis exclaimed as he jumped out of Joey's lap and ran over to his grandpa. "Mommy! Mommy!" Dana heard Dennis and walked over to Drac. "Wait a minute," he said. "Is that the mother?" Drac then smashed his phone against Dana's face. "Oh no. Static," Drac lied as he made fake static noises. "I'm coming home right now and you better be there or I swear, Dad, you're going to be very sorry," Mavis said as she hung up. "What's going on?" Johnny asked. "We need to get home right away," Mavis said as she walked off the house. Johnny followed her but ended up falling into a bush. "Okay," he said. "I'll go wake up my backpack."