Chapter 13

"Well, gosh! Welcome you two," Linda said. "Hey gang," Mike said. "Hi guys. This is going to be so amazing," Mavis said as she hugged them. "Ah, look at all of this! So cool! Wow, I can't believe I'm actually here." "Well, you are," Linda said. "Now, how does it work? Are you up all night and sleep all day?" "Oh, I'll do what ever you want," Mavis said. "Good, because I bought this pretty sunhat for you," Linda said. "Linda," Mike huffed. "But otherwise this poncho if you wanna be safe." "We can deal with it later, Linda," Mike said. "Okay," Linda said. Johnny then got a text from Joey. "Aw," he said as he looked at the text. "What's up?" Mavis asked. Johnny then showed her the text. Joey had sent him a picture of Drac holding Dennis like a baby. "Awwww!" Mavis said as her heart melted over how cute Dennis looked. "That's our cute little boy," Johnny said as he put his arm around Mavis.

"Oh, come see," Linda said. "I set up your bed room." Mavis's bed was surrounded by a bunch of Halloween decorations. "It's just like Transylvania," Mavis said with a fake smile. "Oh, Transylvania. That was a fun experience," Linda said. " Mike was worried that he'd get disemboweled and eaten but I told him he was just being silly." "That was you, Linda," Mike said.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. "Oh, there they are," Linda said. "You know, we have a couple of mixed families in our neighborhood so I thought I'd invite them over. They might be nice for you guys to talk to since you're thinking about moving here." Linda said as she walked over and opened the door. "Hi, Caren. Hi, Pandragora." "Welcome, Mavis," Caren said. "Hey, guys," said Pandragora as he spotted a fly and ate it. "Yeah, you're gonna dig it here. Don't worry, people are totally cool with our lifestyle choice." "I mean the kids get picked on a little, but it toughens them up," Caren said.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang again. This time, Mike opened the door. "Oh, hey, you guys," Linda said. "And this is Loretta. She's married to Paul, who's a werewolf." "Excuse me?" Paul asked. "Yes, I was telling Mavis about the other monster-human couples in town," Linda said. "I am not a werewolf," Paul corrected her. "Oh, I thought..." Linda trailed. "Well, you're welcome to stay and have some cupcakes." Paul and Loretta then left the house.