Chapter 8

Meanwhile in California
"Wow, this is going to be amazing!" Mavis exclaimed. "Yeah," Johnny said. "You're going to be so happy but not too happy." "Huh?" Mavis asked. "What?" Johnny denied. "As long as you're distracted, capisce?"Johnny said. "We can hit a few spots on the way to my parents." "Let me just quickly call home," Mavis said. "Ah, don't do that," Johnny said. "It's only 1 a.m. there. Dennis isn't even up yet." "Right," Mavis said. "I'm just not used to being away from him." "Everything's gonna be cool," Johnny assured her. "Your Dad was so all over it." "But isn't Joey the one watching him?" Mavis asked. "Even better. Joey already has our son's schedule down," Johnny said, "and I'm sure Drac is helping out too." "You're right," Mavis said. "They're the best."
Meanwhile with the Drac Pack
"Right turn here!" Dennisovich, rise and shine," Drac said as he shook Dennis lightly. "Boys, is this bringing back any memories? We used to prowl around here in our 100s. The Dark Forest of Slobozia!" Drac's expression went from excited to shocked when he saw that the forest had been changed to a park with a walking trail. "Nice how they built it up," Frank said. "Okay, out of the car," Drac said with disappointment in his voice. Joey went to the front of the car and unbuckled Dennis's car seat. Then he picked Dennis up and got out of the car.

Joey walked out of the bush and picked up Dennis. "You are so freaking cute," he said as he gave Dennis a big kiss on the nose, making him laugh. "That's not gonna get Dennisovich's fangs out any quicker, Joey," Drac reminded him. "I know," Joey said as he put Dennis down and ruffled his hair. "I just love him so much."