Chapter 4

Almost 3 years later

Meanwhile
Mavis and Joey were sitting on the couch with Dennis who was sitting on Joey's lap. "I could watch Dennis for you," Joey said as he gently rubbed Dennis's back. "I love this kid." "That's sweet of you Joey but I really don't want to leave my baby," Mavis said. "Plus, I don't want to put so much pressure on you. You're only 15." "It's really no big deal," Joey said. "I love watching my little nephew." "May I go to bed please?" Dennis asked softly. "Sure thing buddy," Johnny said as he picked up Dennis, stood up and walked over to his room. Mavis smiled and followed behind them.
A few moments later
"Rise and shine Dennisovich," Drac said causing Dennis to wake up."Hi Papa," he said softly. "Good morning my little devil," Drac said. "Did you have sweet nightmares?" "Uh-huh," Dennis said. "I dreamed I saw a stegosaurus." "Oh, and were you drinking his blood?" Drac asked. "No," Dennis said. "Just throwing it out there," Drac said. "Hey, do you want to see something cool?" "Yeah!" Dennis exclaimed as Drac picked him up off his bed causing him to laugh. "I'm going to teach you how to turn into a bat. Like me. See?" Drac said as he transformed into a bat. "Cool," Dennis said. "Yes, cool. Like I said," Drac said. "Now you try." "I'm a bat," Dennis said as he started walking circles around Drac while flapping his arms. "I'm a bat! I'm a bat! I'm a bat! I'm a bat!" "I mean a real bat," Drac said. "I'm a bat," Dennis said as he blew a raspberry. "Dennisovich, take a breath," Drac said. "You can really turn into a bat. Try. Feel the bat." Dennis then started flapping his arms like a chicken. "Not the chicken," Drac chuckled. Dennis then moved his arms in a way that made it look like he was dancing. "What's that, the electric boogaloo?" Drac asked. "If I show you I can bust a move, will you try to fly then?" "Uh-huh," Dennis said. Drac then started dancing like a total pro. Dennis tried his best to mimic the moves. They were doing the worm when Mavis walked in.

"Dad, why are you guys dancing?" She asked. "He was sleep-dancing," Drac lied as Mavis walked over and picked Dennis up. Come on, sweetie," said Mavis as she picked Dennis up. "Back to bed." "Back to bed?" Drac asked. "It's already after 8 p.m." "Don't you remember the new sleep schedule?" Mavis asked as she pointed at the schedule on the wall. "He's going to human classes half the day. If he could just sleep till 2 a.m. tonight, it'd be so great be so great for him." "But honeydeath, 6 of Wayne's wolf pups are having a birthday party tonight," Drac said while holding Dennis's chin. "You wouldn't want him to miss that." "Dad, I love the wolf pups," Mavis said, "but they're a little too rough for Dennis." "Too rough?" Drac asked. "Haven't you noticed?" Mavis asked. "Dennis is different." "What are you saying?" Drac asked. "Dennisovich shouldn't be around monsters?" "I love monsters!" Dennis exclaimed. "Video! Video!" "Oh, you want to show Papa Drac you're monster video?" Mavis asked. "Yeah!" Dennis exclaimed as he hopped off the bed and started to head to the living room. "Hold on Dennis," Mavis said. "You're Uncle Joey is sleeping in there. How about we watch it in here on my phone." "Okay Mommy," said Dennis as Drac walked over and picked him up. Then he brought him back to his bed and sat down. Mavis then turned on the video. "Who's the coolest monster?" Asked the narrator. "Kakie!" Dennis exclaimed. "Wee! Kakie one happy monster!" Exclaimed the pink, puppet-like monster on the video. "Kakie Love cake! Yummy!" Drac then had a shocked expression on his face. "Tummy get a tummyache," the monster said sadly. "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Drac said. "How is that a monster?" "It's best not to ask!" Joey called from the other room, revealing that he was awake. "I know from experience!" "Looks like Joey woke up," Drac whispered. "Have some cake, Wuzzleumplebum!" Kakie said. "Remember kids, a real monster always shares!" "Shares? Yes! When I think monsters, I think shares!" Drac exclaimed. "Now, let me tell you what a real monster is, Dennisovich." "Dad, please," said Mavis as she grabbed her son and tucked him back into bed. "He's practically 5 already. Don't force it." Drac nodded and left the room. "What Mavis said," Joey said. "Don't try to force Dennis to become a monster. After all, is mostly human." "There's still a chance," Drac said.