Christmas Note(1st oneshot)

Hope you enjoy.
-----------------------+-+-+-+-+--------------------

I looked over at Jungkook who had his head buried in a book I couldn't see the cover to. It was so different to see him this way, so relaxed. He always put so much pressure on himself it was like he was a tightly wound swing just waiting to be let loose. But he finally had a break, for Christmas, and to my surprise he was spending it with me.

We had been friends since childhood him and I. We grew up in the same neighborhood and went to the same school. We spent just about every moment together. As we got older, I started to develop feelings for him, but I pushed them to the side. Girls were always throwing themselves at Jungkook and he always told me how glad he was that he had one female friend who saw him as just that a friend. So I continued to bury my feelings for him.

I thought once he joined BTS and they debuted that my feelings would go away. I figured that seeing millions of girls screaming his name would keep my feelings from developing any further. Jungkook was always gone for weeks and sometimes months at a time, but once every so often I would hear a soft knock at my door and he'd be standing there with smile on his face. And every time he showed up those feelings always came rushing back but I never said a word.

Tonight was one of those nights. I had just finished decorating my Christmas tree when the knock came. He was standing there with a bouquet of my favorite flowers that he had bought for me on his way over. I let him in and put the flowers in a vase. Once I was back in the room he was already sitting in the floor reading quietly. I went ahead and took my place in my favorite chair quietly. Most of his visits to me were silent. I knew he spent everyday talking, singing, or both. If he wasn't performing then he was at an interview answering a ton of pointless questions. So I never made him say a thing when he visited me. I never asked him any questions. We would just sit quietly doing some activity until he either spoke or left. Whichever came first. Sometimes he would talk to me and tell me different stories of the things he did. He'd tell me about the other members and how close they had all gotten. One time he even told me that I would have to meet them. But I knew he liked to keep me separate from that part of his life. He often referred to me as his escape.

I was looking out the window watching the snow fall and drinking hot chocolate when I heard a faint noise. I looked over and noticed Jungkook scribbling something on what looked like a sheet of paper. He kept writing and then erasing furiously as if he couldn't figure out exactly what he wanted to say. I wanted to ask what he was doing but I knew better than to break the silence. Instead I put my attention back on the snow falling silently from the sky. It was almost mesmerizing.

I had just sat my empty mug on the coffee table when Jungkook suddenly stood up. I looked over at him and frowned as I noticed he was putting his jacket on. Tonight was going to be one of those speechless visits. He didn't even turn to look at me before walking out the door.

As soon as the door shut I rushed to the window to watch him leave. Tears were burning in the back of my eyes. I wanted to rush out the door and tell him how much I wanted him to stay. I wanted to tell him how I felt all these years, but what was the point. I took a few steps back too upset to watch his car drive away. I heard a soft crunch under my feet. I looked down and saw the paper he had been writing on. It was folded in half and had my named written across it in Jungkook's adorable chicken scratch. I unfolded it carefully and gasped as I read what was on the inside.

Merry Christmas, I love you.