Chapter 139

My cheeks flamed up, realizing what I had just done. "Save it for the honeymoon you two!" "Oh my God," I muttered, covering my face. That had been my mom's voice. Colby just chuckled and pulled me close to him with one arm. "Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Cole Brock." Everyone stood up, cheering as we rushed back down the aisle. The guests threw bird seed all over us. No rice allowed. We met the photographer at the end of the aisle and took more photos, some alone, and some it the bridal party, a few with my mom and Colby's family. Afterwards, we spoke with a few people as we made our way to the giant tent for the reception, lined with fairy lights, shining brightly against the night sky. It was a beautiful night, made only better by the sound of the waves crashing, and Colby's hand on mine. I felt like my life was finally complete and that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. I belonged to Colby and he belonged to me. Always. A little while later, we were seated at the head table in the front of the tent, facing all of the smaller tables filled with our guests. Our bridal party was seated with us and everyone was enjoying champagne. Colby and I couldn't stop staring at each other. When we looked away to talk to someone else, our eyes would navigate back to one another. His hand was on my thigh under the table, squeezing lightly every now and then. He leaned over and whispered in my ear. "You look absolutely breathtaking. I didn't think that you could be anymore beautiful that you are already were but I was wrong." He leaned back smiling at me and I blushed. "Thank Devyn. She performs magic with makeup." He shook his head. "It's not the makeup. You're glowing, and that smile. The smile that lit up your face when you saw me. I will forever remember that smile." I blushed, and was saved from replying by Sam. For once, I was okay with him interrupting. He stood up at the microphone, and tapped his glass, gaining everyone's attention. "I guess it's time for me to give my toast since I am the best man." There were a few laughs as we waited for him to continue. He looked over to Colby and I. "Colby...what can I say brother? You've been my very best friend since high school. The one who's stuck by my side through it all. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. If I have to share you with someone then, I'm glad it's y/n. You have become a changed man since you met her. It's been a hell of ride to get you here. For a while, I wasn't sure that you would ever open up to anyone but there was something special about her that you just wouldn't stop talking about!" Colby rolled his eyes and took my hand in his. "Seriously bro, never stopped! I almost started to avoid you because I was so sick of hearing it." Laughter rang out over the crowd, including my own. Sam gave a huge grin. "But I'm glad that she stole your heart. I've never seen you happier and if I have to trust someone with my best friend, my brother, then I'm glad it's someone that I love just as much as I love him. Y/n, you've always been part of the family, but I guess it's official now. I love you guys and congratulations! On today, and the little bun in the oven. I can't wait to meet...whatever it is. May your future be filled with love, happiness, and obviously, never be normal!" He raised his glass. "To the Brocks!" Everyone toasted and cheered. Sam sat back down next to Colby and they hugged. "Thanks brother." Colby replied, looking a little teary eyed. Serena was next to give her toast, and she did well, considering she was kind of drunk already. She told the embarrassing story of how she and Kristie saved me from a bully in middle school, and they knew that they would always need to protect me since that day. Kristie cheered from the back, and S raised her glass to her. "To my best friend and my new brother, I love you guys. I wish you all the happiness in the world, but I will come after you Brock, if you hurt my girl." We toasted and laughed, as she came and sat back down. Brennen gave a toast, then Kat, then Colby's dad, which brought us all to tears, then my mom...she didn't say much. "Y/n, ever since you were born, I always prayed that you find the kind of love that I was lucky enough to have with your father...and you did. You are so strong. You went through hell to find your prince but here he is. I no longer fear the day that I will no longer be here because I know that you will be taken care of. Colby, thank you for loving my daughter as much as you do. I couldn't ask for a better son. I love you both." I was in tears again, and Colby was too. Pretty sure the entire guest list was. Everyone got their meals, enjoying every bite, until it was time to cut cake. Colby and I stepped in front of it, both hands on the knife, posing for the photographer. We took a few different shots, before I told him that it was enough. I kind of wanted some cake even though we had just eaten. I blamed the baby. Colby just laughed and we cut through the cake, once then twice, making a whole piece. We worked together to put it on one of the fancy plates that I had picked out with Serena. She just so happened to be standing next to me, beaming, bouncing on the soles of her feet. "What color is it?" I looked at her confused. "Huh?" "What color is the cake?" She leaned over me to look at the slice of cake lying on our plate. Colby looked at her, then his eyes widened as he looked back down at the plate. "Nooo, you didn't." She grinned. "We're having a boy!"