Chapter 97

Serena smiled. "Hi, I called you last week about holding a certain dress for me. Last name Taylor." Huh, she used Brennen's last name. "Of course, right this way." We followed her to the back of the store, where the white faded into more colors, most still pale, but diverse. I even saw a black wedding dress hanging in the corner. The sweet lady came to a door that she unlocked with a set of keys that were in her hand. "Just one second." She walked in, leaving us to look around at the available dresses. I wasn't interested in these though. I wanted to see mine. My heart was racing when she shuffled back into the room, holding a hanger up, the dress hidden by a black garment bag. Oh God, I hoped it was just as beautiful on as it was in the photo. She passed the dress to Serena, who passed it to me and pointed to the dressing room. She shooed me towards it with her hand. "Go on. Hurry up! I need to see it on you!" "Yaass!" The other girls chimed in, telling me to hurry up and try it on, Kat pushing me towards the door. "Okay, I'm going!" I didn't want to go traditional white wedding gown. Nothing about Colby and I was traditional anyways. I had basically set the entire color theme around the color of his eyes...including my dress. I hung the dress on the hook against the wall and unzipped the garment bag, seeing the baby blue color peek out at me. Pulling it out of the garment bag, I gasped at just how beautiful it really was. The princess scoop neckline was perfect, leaving my arms bare. The upper bodice was beautifully beaded with lace sequins interloping the flowers in the transparent blue fabric, showing the white underneath. The gown cinched at the waist, the beaded flowers trailing over the edge, then flowing down to the floor, like the ocean waters. I was in fucking love with this dress. Screw a white dress, this was it. This was what I wanted. I let the silky fabric travel through my fingers, before undressing, and putting my clothes on the available bench. I was actually nervous to put it on. I hesitantly stepped into the dress, bringing it up my body. It felt amazing against my skin, not scratchy or stiff, like I was afraid of. This was actually the perfect dress. "You doing okay in there babe?" I heard Devyn's voice ring out softly behind the spaced door. "Yeah, but I'm going to need some help in here." I unlocked the door and poked my head out. All of the girls were standing just in front of it. Devyn looked back at them and they motioned for her to come help me. She stepped inside the room, shutting the door, then turned back to me. Her mouth fell open. "Oh my God," she breathed out. "You're gorgeous." I blushed, trying to hold the upper part of the dress up. "It's just the dress. Not me. There's too many straps around the neck part, so I need help making sure they're straight, and also zipping up the back." Her slim, nimble fingers started working magic on all of the, what I considered unnecessary, straps and soon had it straightened out, and over my head. I thought they were unnecessary, but the crisscross affect across my back was perfect. She zipped up the back, below the straps, and put her hands on my waist, meeting my gaze in the mirror. "It's not the dress. The dress accentuates your natural beauty. This is the dress, isn't it?" I nodded, unable to look away from the woman in the mirror. Her cheeks were flushed with color, her lips rosy and full. The eyes were a little glassy, just making them shine, and seem a little bigger. "You look absolutely amazing. You ready to show the others?" I nodded, dragging my gaze away from the mirror, and turning towards Devyn and the door. She opened it, and I walked out behind her, holding the hem of the dress away from the floor, even though it wasn't quite long enough to drag. I wanted to be sure. All of my friends gasped, their eyes growing wide. "WOW," Serena exclaimed. "Y/n, you're gorgeous." "It's definitely that dress. Please tell me it's that dress." I nodded at Tara with a smile. "This is it. I don't even need to look at any others. This is it." They nodded and agreed. "You know this is going to match his eyes, right?" Kat asked me, grinning slightly. I smiled, blushing a little. "Why do you think I chose it? or just the entire color scheme for that matter. The Forget-Me-Nots are going to match perfectly too." Her brows furrowed as she started thinking of something. "What is it?" I asked, a little worried as to what was going on behind those eyes. She actually started blushing, meeting my gaze, when I asked. "Oh...nothing. I was just thinking that if it all matches Colby's eyes, then it's going to match Sam's eyes...and I might need help concentrating at your wedding. That's all I'm saying." I pursed my lips. "Huh...I didn't think about that. I might need help myself." "They have very hypnotic eyes," She replied dreamily.