Chapter 112

He hugged me again, pulling me tight against his body. "Colby, you can't antagonize Randy. He's a cop. One of the top on the force. He will take you down if you give him a reason. Hell, he may try without a reason. It was a mistake coming here."  I relaxed against his body, and brought my hands up around his back, laying my head against his chest. He stroked my hair down my back. "No, it wasn't. This is your old home, where your mother lives. He, or anyone else, has the right to make you feel like you shouldn't be here. You know I wanted to fuck him up, right? Wanted him to feel these rings that he thinks makes me a little bitch...yeah, that would've been fun." I laughed a little, into his chest before pulling back to look at him. He was smiling down at me. "I love you." I said softly. "Always," He replied, before pressing his lips softly to mine. "Come on, don't we have to get ready to go out tonight?" I sighed. "You still that's a good idea? I didn't think about seeing all of his old friends...there's a lot in this town and they like to drink." He shrugged. "So? We aren't doing anything wrong. I won't even drink tonight so that I don't get hot headed if some hick tries to start with me. Come on, it'll be fine. If something starts, we'll just leave." He poked his bottom lip out, using his eyes on me. "Cheater," I replied, smiling. His big beautiful grin spread across his face, lifting my mood automatically. "Okaaaay...I guess we'll still go." He kissed me quickly and grinned. "That's my girl. Come on, let's go back to your mom's. I need her ot make me one of those egg rolls again." I scoffed. "There's still some in the fridge. You can just heat it up!" He looked at me and nodded before ducking into the car. Once I climbed in, he resumed talking. "I know...but she does it better." He shot me a goofy little grin and I laughed. "Whatever you say babe." Fucking goofball. I love him so much. He reached over and took my hand, placing it in his lap while we drove back to my mom's. She already had lunch prepared for us, warmed egg rolls in a plate, as well as shredded chicken breast, mixed with cream cheese, crumbled bacon and shredded colby jack cheese, laying on a bed of lettuce. Jesus, I loved her meals, and I really missed them. Colby and I devoured our food, once we thanked her, and sat back in our chairs, full to the brim. "Oh my God, Momma...I don't think I can move after that." She laughed at me, and a proud look crossed her face. "You know I love to make comfort food baby. It's what I do." Colby nodded in agreement, popping the last bit of his egg roll into his mouth. "You are so good at your job Ma. Seriously. Could eat this every meal and still be happy." She blushed, and patted his hand. "Aren't you sweet? I'll have to make sure that y/n makes you some egg rolls at least once a month, huh? How about that?" Colby looked at me, pleading in his eyes. "Baby, please! I need this to happen." I laughed. "Fine, but you have to help with prep work." "Okay deal. Anything to have these." "I'm glad you like them so much sweetie." My Mom stood up and stretched. "I think I'm going to go rest for a little while. I stayed up last night watching YouTube videos so that I could have something to talk with you about." Colby smiled. "Did you? That's so nice of you but you really didn't need to do that. Most of my personal videos are....eccentric." She smirked. "I noticed. You have a potty mouth Mr.Brock. You should learn to control that." It was his turn to blush then. "Yes ma'am."  I just giggled at their interaction and got up to kiss my momma on the cheek. "Thank you for the meal again Momma. We're going to get ready and go meet Kristie." She nodded, and patted my cheek. "Okay sweetie. Have fun, but be careful." "I always am Mom." She smiled and headed to her room. I held my hand out to Colby, feeling the familiar comfort when he took it. "Let's get ready." He stood up next to me. "To Party?" I laughed. "If that's what you wanna call it." The Ozone wasn't a big place, but I didn't want people to remember the little scared country girl that left this God awful place in fear. So, I dressed to stand out a little. I had brought one outfit that I didn't really expect to wear but I wanted it, just in case. It was a tight little white dress that came down about mid thigh, the neckline cut down to show just a hint of cleavage. I pulled on my black high heels boots that came above my knees, and a short black leather jacket, with the silver chains hanging down. I curled my hair a little, then flipped it around my shoulders, put a couple of chains around my neck and checked my reflection. "Damn." Colby's voice broke my concentration, and I met his gaze in the mirror. His jaw was slack and his blue eyes were wide. "When the hell did you get that outfit?" I giggled at his reaction. "When I went to get my wedding dress. I know it's a little more edgy that I usually wear, being a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl but..." I trailed off as he licked his lips, his eyes roaming over my body. "It's...something else." Was he speechless? I smirked for a second but covered it with a genuine smile when he met my gaze. "Is that a good thing?" I asked, adjusting the top of the dress. He nodded, watching my hands. "A VERY good thing. I might never let you take this off." He walked towards me and placed his hands on my hips, gripping the tight fabric against my skin. He leaned his head down, claiming my lips with his own, forcefully showing me how much he liked the dress. My reaction to him was always the same.