Twenty Two

Every part of her is soaking.

Her clothes are clinging to her body, the hairs framing her face stuck to her cheeks which are flushed from the cold and she already knows her makeup is ruined.

Even her bones are cold.

It's after midnight and they're outside in the middle of a thunderstorm and Camila thinks she might have hypothermia.

A clap of thunder rattles through the air and Dinah jumps, dropping the glass she stole from the bar that's got to be more rainwater that drink by now. It falls to the ground, shattering by her feet.

It only further cracks when Dinah stops her foot down, the heel of her shoe catching a shard.

"This sucks! We're so lost and our phones are dead and we're going to die!" She huffs, crossing her arms in temper.

Camila reaches out to squeeze her arm comfortingly with a small smile, "we aren't going to die."

When Dinah's lip only quivers Camila pulls her into a hug, rubbing her hands down her back to try and generate some heat, "we'll be okay, Dinah."

"Can't I just flirt with some boy with a car? He'll take us home," Dinah sniffles and Camila reaches out to wipe her cheeks.

"It's shady as fuck around here, D. What if they kidnap us and we end up in Alaska? Do you know how cold it is in Alaska!?" She exclaims and the blonde giggles slightly.

"It's not even funny."

She looks so pathetically dejected and Camila laughs softly as she places a kiss on her cheek before taking her hand, "come on, I'm pretty sure I know where we are now."

By the time they reach the hotel Camila has also broken down into desperate tears and Dinah is close to having a second breakdown, their feet ripped to shreds by their heels and both colder than either can ever remember being in their life.

Dinah only knocks once and the door swings open, Normani immediately pulling her into a tight embrace, "what the hell, Dinah! You scared me! Where were you!?"

As the blonde launches into speech about how horrific their night has been, Normani guiding her into the living room as she does so, Lauren steps into view of the shivering Latina still in the doorway.

"Everyone was starting to think something real bad had happened to you both. You had everyone worried."

She takes Camila's arm as she speaks, guiding her out of the way so she can close the door before casting a quick glance behind her and wrapping her in a hug.

"Jeez Lauren, try not to sound too concerned," Camila teases, relishing in the heat radiating off of the other girl's body.

"Hey, concerned enough to not abandon you with the lovebirds," Lauren pokes her side, "come on, let's get you changed so you don't look like a drowned chihuahua."

They pull apart as they reach the living room, Lauren joining Normani in the kitchen whilst Camila perches on the arm of the couch.

"Mani, come cuddleee," Dinah whines, pout settling on her lips.

"I would but someone requested a hot chocolateee," Normani mimics her tone but walks towards her anyway, sitting on her lap and looping her arms loosely around her neck.

"She's a little on the drunk side," Camila informs her.

"I could tell," She nods in agreement, "did you stay sober?"

"Sober enough to convince her not to flirt her way into a ride home."

"Where's the loyalty!?" Normani exclaims, digging her fingers into the blonde's side and watching as she squirms.