Twelve

Dinah turns out to be very right about both things.

It's late, probably around eleven o'clock, and Camila was getting changed into pajamas in an old storage building they'd found a few meters away from the rest stop and were using as a makeshift changing room.

She's making Dinah stand outside to guard the door in case anyone tries to walk in whilst she's naked. She's heard stories of the boys conveniently walking  in on girls changing 'on accident' and she doesn't want to be one of them.

She's just pulled her hair into a ponytail when she hears a shout from the other side of the door and rushes out to find Lauren stood a few meters away from the Polynesian.

"You are such a fucking bitch," Lauren all but growls and Camila look between them.

Dinah only shrugs in response because she obviously expected this to happen and if she's fazed she's doing a good job at hiding it.

"Will you stop being such a self-centred bitch for one minute!" Lauren shouts.

Dinah lets out a humourless laugh, "I'm the self-centred bitch?"

"You made her cry!"

"So? Do you know how many people the two of you have made cry?" Dinah questions and Camila wills her to shut up because although she's happy her friend doesn't let people walk over her, she's always scared it's going to get her hurt.

"She wasn't even doing anything wrong!" Lauren exclaims.

"I'm not in debt to her! Just because she did a nice thing for me doesn't mean I owe her anything. She's made my life hell for two years!" Dinah argues, her voice raising in pitch.

"Dinah, come on. Let's just go," Camila tries intervening, grabbing the blonde's hand.

"You ever think that if you weren't such a bitch you'd have more friends? The only person who needs you is Camila because she's never had any better," Lauren snaps.

"That's not true. Come on Dinah, I'm really tired. Let's get some sleep," Camila tugs on her hand in a desperate attempt to calm the situation down.

"Maybe you'd have more friends if you wasn't such a horrible person," Dinah crosses her arms, effectively shaking Camila off.

"Shut the fuck up," Lauren bites and Camila glances towards her anxiously.

"Maybe I'd like Normani if she was a good person," Dinah adds and Lauren clenches her jaw.

"I said, shut the fuck up!" She repeats, louder this time, and Dinah lets out a defeated sigh, turning to Camila.

"Crazy bitch."

It seems like the words have only just left Dinah's mouth when Lauren suddenly makes a beeline for the blonde.

Camila throws herself between them before Lauren can reach the younger girl, her back pressed against Dinah's stomach.

"No! Stop it!" She exclaims desperately.

"Move," Lauren growls lowly, "are you fucking deaf, Cabello. Move."

Camila manages to shake her head, "please leave it."

She closes her eyes for a moment as she tries to take a deep breath but her chest is tight and she's pretty sure she's shaking and god, Lauren could crush her without even trying.

She's already proven that.

"Get out of my way," Lauren inches forward slightly and Camila's hands fly up to rest against her chest.