eight.

park jimin's pov

Why did I lie to her? I could've told her the truth and be done with it, and maybe she would've been able to get over it quicker. Maybe I wouldn't have this heavy pull on my heart as I leave the room. I hope that someday she figures out what happens-maybe by me, or by him. I hope that she doesn't fall for his tricks if he comes back.

I suddenly regret leaving the room as I hear her quiet sniffling. I frown, turning my back as I exit the hospital. I felt bad for her-not as my patient, but as a person. Her lover had left her all alone in this world, even worse-she has a journey to recover, which will take so much energy from her.

I really do hope that she has people by her side to help her cope with everything. Hopefully the guys that visited her room yesterday will be able to be next to her-and I will do my best to do the same while keeping my distance.

Sighing, I placed the mask and hat on the kitchen counter as I leaned my back against it. "Did you do something illegal or something, Jimin? I've never seen you wear those before." Joon came from his room.

I shook my head. "It wasn't anything important...hey, can I ask you something?" I needed advice from a person that is wiser than I am, and someone that can tell me what is right and what is wrong.

"You know you can ask me anything. But if it's anything illegal then I probably would accidentally spill it to the authorities." I rolled my eyes.

"It's definitely not illegal. Have you ever lied before, Joon?" I asked.

"I think everybody has at least once or twice in their life." He grabs a seat on the stool as he places one of his legs onto the other.

I nodded my head. "What do you do if you tell a lie and you feel like instead of it getting it off your shoulders, it's heavier?" I fiddled with my fingers, looking down. Throughout my entire life, I never told a lie that I had such guilt about.

It makes sense, though. I'm using Miss Ahn's brain injury to my advantage and making her believe that he left her-instead of him cheating on her and then hitting her in public, which is definitely worse. The hurt I saw in her eyes that day made me want to hug her even though she was a stranger. I wanted to just tell her that it was okay, and that the horrible man was gone. Yet I couldn't do anything before she alternated plans.

"You fix it, Jimin. Whether it'll hurt the other or not, you tell them the truth. You tell them the truth without any lies or any sugar coating-because that's what the person deserves. It'll affect everything, and possibly you too-but you just have to suck it up and tell them in big words." Namjoon answers.

"What if I already messed up horribly?" I gulped.

"Jimin, what the hell did you do?" Namjoon asked in a concerned voice.

I looked up at his face.

    I decided to tell him everything

I decided to tell him everything. In detail. From the time I saw everything and to the time I told her a lie. I told him the guilt I felt from not telling her everything, and that I felt like I was using her injury to my advantage.

He ticked his lip. "Jimin-ah. Don't feel too bad about this, okay? You lied and didn't tell her the whole truth, but you still have time to fix it, of course. It'll hurt Miss Ahn, but it would hurt her more knowing that you had lied. My advice is to tell her as soon as you can-whether you are Park Jimin, or you are Park Jaeho." He stood up, ruffling my hair as he goes back to his room.

I went to sleep that night with a lighter pull on my heart, but I felt uneasy knowing that I'd have to tell her, and soon.

When I entered her room the next day, she seemed occupied in her thoughts. Not even noticing me until I picked her clipboard up. "Good morning, Miss Ahn." I gave her a wide smile that she tried to return. Y/N looks like she has been up all night, her baggy eyes gave it all away. The guilt I had calmed down in myself had resurfaced, making me feel even worse now just seeing her condition.

"How did it go yesterday?" I bit my lip harshly, immediately regretting what I asked. Her face scrunched up at my question, tears filling her eyes. Y/N sniffled and wiped her tear-faced eyes before she spoke up.

"He told me some things I couldn't understand. There wasn't much detail. I guess that's what's gonna happen when you get a brain injury, you don't really understand everything." She tried joking but her face said otherwise.

I was planning to tell her that Park Jaeho called, telling me to tell her one more detail. I couldn't do that anymore though. Just seeing her in this state makes me want to not tell her. So that's what I'm going to do.

As horrible as I know it is, I can't have her spirits go down at this moment in her life. We need for her to focus on therapy and her health rather than be curious and worried about him the whole time. We need her focused. I know that going through physical therapy will be hard for her, as it is for every patient. If she figures out the truth about her ex today, she won't be motivated to continue.

I cleared my throat, "Physical therapy starts for you next week. Rest up so you could have a great start." I smiled, pushing my balled fists in the air. "Fighting!"

Miss Ahn gave me a tight lipped smile as I left. I snuck a small glance at her right before I left, and her smile faded away as quickly as it was planted on her face.

This lie will eventually eat me up.

do you think Dr. Park
can keep his lie a secret?
do you think he'll spill?
how do you think Y/N is
feeling right now? is it
grief? sorrow? confusion?
...

please make sure
you vote + comment
if you enjoyed this
chapter !!
- <3, tina.

[UNEDITED]