xlix

rising tensions were rapidly becoming common.

especially with all the complicated things going on. zayn knew too much, luke still felt hunted, harry, niall, and louis were clueless, and kris wanted to run away again. the turmoil they put into the atmosphere was enough to worry anyone, even if they didn't know exactly what was going on. ashton feigned ignorance to the situation towards outside parties. calum and michael kept to themselves. ashlyn was hardly ever anywhere to be found. for anyone to keep up with everything, someone would need to start handing out review memoirs every week.

two days after he'd encountered kris, calum was showing his journal to ashton. back in their confinement, ash had been the only one of the group to receive the direct result of the dreams/visions. he was used to being woken up on the nightly and trying to help retain what was typically sounding like pointless chatter. a journal was a welcome replacement.

"what's she saying yes to, exactly?" ashton asked.

calum shrugged. "i didn't write it down, i don't know. all i know is it's going to lead to something really, really bad."

with their limited knowledge, they hardly knew what jacob was capable of planning. and calum had hardly gained any further information from his other visions. but his gut still turned when he thought back to the emotions brought by the vision. anxiety, fear, panic. he didn't know what was to come except for those few named emotions. then again, a small part of him knew he should've been used to the images of onslaught and chaos.

though this was a bit different. the visions he typically had didn't directly involve him. hardly ever involved violent, either, for that matter. well over half of them pertained to bland future events, always vague and murky the further away they were. as a kid, he'd been able to see planned surprises, test dates (sometimes even answers), up until his first nightmare warning of confinement. doom and now violence had slowly leaked in.

"hey, 'm losing you." ashton waved his hand in front of calum's eyes.

calum jumped out of his state and blinked. "sorry."

"is there anything i can do to help you out with," ash gestured to the open journal on the bed between them. "that?"

slightly hesitant, calum shrugged. "i don't even know what's going to happen, geez, how can i do an sort of preparation?"

"i don't know. build a bunker?"

calum rolled his eyes. "how about i'll let you know, alright?"

"alright, let me know if you have another vision. at least a six on the panic-inducing scale.

"i didn't know that was a thing."

ashton grinned sarcastically. "you act like i never make things up."

calum rolled his eyes, and ashton got up and left. after a few minutes, he decided to try and sleep. his visions always came at night, but there was a first time for everything. and lots of firsts had been happening recently.