v

after school, louis dragged zayn and harry into mr. hill's room.

"hello, boys." the teacher said without looking up.

louis let go of his friends arms and took a quick breath. "mr. hill, did you get anything... odd ... about kris?"

"as a teacher?"

"as our mentor, sir."

zayn looked over at louis in confusion. he believed that kris is one of them?

mr. hill sighed. "you can take your gloves off now." he stood and walked across the room, pulling blinds over the window on the door.

louis smiled. he reached at a piece of elastic peeling up near his wrist- to anyone not looking for it, the gloves would be totally invisible- and tugged them both off, setting the clear gloves on a desk. no one ever suspects. carelessly, he snaped, sending several snowflakes into the air.

harry simply clenched his hands into fists, sending his gloves up in flames. mr. hill gave him a warning look. the teen had already set off the fire alarms three times by doing that.

zayn didn't require gloves, which he was quietly thankful for. his power's cloak was never signing any of his work outside of the ugc.

"alright." mr. hill sat down at his desk again while the three boys sat on the tops of the desks closest. "what about kris is concerning you, louis?"

"she didn't open her hands the entire day. except to get a pencil, which she took her sweet fucking time doing."

"no swearing in here; i'm still your teacher in this room."

"still, there's something odd about that." louis traced his fingers along the edge of the desk, which formed a trail of ice crystals. harry burned them away.

zayn tapped his foot out of habit, then bit the bottom of his lip. "you didn't get an e-mail about her, did you? you saw an aura."

harry turned his attention away from louis. "did she?"

mr. hill nodded. "she did. a black one."

a flame burst out on the back of harry's hand with his sharp emotion spike. louis sat up straighter in his chair.

"black?" louis repeated, "we're the colors of the fucking rainbow, and she's black?"

harry took louis's hand and used it to pat out the flame. "this is a bad thing, isn't it then?"

mr. hill nodded again. "people like us have colored auras, you all know that perfectly well. as far as my knowledge goes, there hasn't been a black aurora recorded found."

"at least it's a bit cool." zayn scuffed his shoe on the floor. "i'm purple."

"the color of the aura tells one only the area of power the individual holds." mr. hill said, "having a black aurora.... we'd have to search the archives in order to know for certain.

"however," he continued, looking at louis. "we'll need to figure out what it is kris can do, her exact powers. louis, i want you to push her into using them outside of school grounds."

"i'll try sir, but i'm an extremely aggravating person. there's no telling when she'll try and kill me." louis smirks.

"point made." harry input, "sir, how about we just get one of the operatives with less... shocking ... powers to show them to her. then maybe kris will feel safe enough to show hers."

"or she runs away, screaming her head off, and we'd have to resort to kidnapping." zayn gave them both looks. "louis is our best option."

louis smiled. "alright, what do i do first?"

mr. hill went to his computer and his fingers raced across the keyboard. within a matter of seconds, he printed something out.

"this is her address. walk her to school tomorrow morning, make her comfortable enough to slip and use her powers."

louis took the paper. "that's it? and after that?"

"take her to our hq, dummy." harry answered.

mr. hill gave him a look. "yes, take her to the hq. don't shock her too much, if you can help it."

louis nodded. "alright."

"good. now get out of here and help zayn out with this week's project."

the three boys nodded and walked out of the room, in a group down the side of the road. zayn felt his fingers buzz. had he been younger, he'd stop in the middle of the sidewalk and finish his art right then and there.

but that's how he accidentally unleashed a water sorceress in his old neighborhood at the age of nine.

"think you're actually going to be able to get kris going?" harry asked, flipping his phone around in his hands.

"obviously." louis scoffed. "like i said before, i'm the most irritating person in the world. there's no way she's not going to snap with me."

--

aye lmao

i hope this chapter was good