Lviii

louis was out of breath five minutes in.

he sat down at the end of a crosswalk, taking deep inhales through his mouth. there was no realm of possibility, he realized, that he would be able to run all the way and arrive in the quickest time possible. trying would result in arriving hours later or receiving a heart attack. louis put his head back and waited for the burning in his lungs to subside.

harry owned a car, and he kept it outside at nearly all times. but it hadn't been there earlier when louis'd left. he wasn't particularly fond of being detained for theft- been there- which knocked the option of just taking a car down to a much lower spot. louis rubbed his face and tried to figure something else out to save him time.

about a dozen police cruisers flew past, practically bumper to bumper. louis swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. his window of time was small.

an idea flew suddenly into his mind. louis checked the street once the last car was out of sight; empty at last. with hardly a second thought ( hardly- 'i am going to be knocked to kingdom come after they find out i did this' ), he ripped his shoes and socks off, tossed them into a planter, and shot out a wave of ice onto the sidewalk.

there was also the small problem that the thing might not even work. but that was another thought that didn't last in him long.

louis took off in a sprint on the ice, the ice growing ten feet in front of him the entire time. it was literally gliding on ice. it hardly took a breath to shoot a dozen feet. he realized he was laughing and shot around a corner. at the speed he was going, he'd probably overtake the police he'd seen a few moments earlier.

several minutes melted away. louis cleared block after block. any people he passed were nothing more than a quick smudge in his peripheral vision. his heart continued to pound with anxiety. the small part in his corner of mind continued to try and tug him back and listen to harry. going alone to this was dangerous. he knew that, he just went on ahead anyway.

more minutes passed. louis cut finally cut the ice trail short and looked around. he could hear police sirens, but they were most certainly behind him. for the moment. louis moved as a large group of people ran the opposite direction of him down the sidewalk. more were coming. quickly, louis started running foreword again. but moving against the growing crowd proved difficult, as they all seemed to be determined to get as far away as possible.

attempting to just weave through them ended up doing nothing. louis finally started pushing, extending his arms out to break the crowd apart. it felt like he was drowning in them.

"kris!' he began to scream out. "kris!"

louis continued to yell, continued to push in the growing number of people desperate to escape the area.

-

stats;
date- january 4th, 2014
words- 532
reads- 4,304
comments- 40
votes- 145