xxviii

• Dedicated to @sensualarry

double update whaa

| "i'm falling to pieces, but I need this. you're my fault; my weakness."- 'take me home', cash cash ft. bebe rexha |

after touching down in a californian airport several hours later, kris felt significantly more relaxed. it was either the effect of the new scenery, louis, or some combination of the two. a good change.

"so what's our plan?" kris asked, brushing her shoulder up against louis's.

he smiled. "i think we owe our little spot on the ocean another visit, don't you?"

kris smiled back, the sun reflecting back on her face, making it appear paler than it already was. louis got lost in staring for a few moments. he wanted to stop time and use an entire camera's film on her.

he walked into a lamppost, and kris laughed for a long time afterwords.

.

nightfall.

the two found a stretch of beach that no late-night bonfires had touched. louis formed the ice bridge out to sea, and kris only slipped once. the airlessness had returned to their lungs, and, against the full moon low in the sky, they looked like tightrope walkers.

"i like this." kris admitted out loud, brushing her hair over her shoulder.

louis consciously inhaled and exhaled. "definitely."

he felt like he couldn't make his mouth work properly. which was probably a good thing, since there was no telling what kind of stupid shit he'd let slip out otherwise. and the memories that jacob had left half-buried in the back of his mind were still trying to break themselves loose, which wasn't making the situation easier.

kris suddenly moved closer and kissed him. they kissed until their mouths had to be consciously pulled apart for the sake of breathing. louis had to smile, the smile that someone would wear after they got off of a roller-coaster with a billion loops in a row. that kind of smile.

"i think we both needed that." he forced himself to say.

kris laughed, sounding more like hiccuping.

"how crazy are we?" she asked, "scale of one to ten."

louis shrugged. "i'd say a solid twelve."

this time they both laughed before letting themselves sit back and soak in the silence. louis felt something pressing on his rib-cage, and he couldn't tell if he liked the sensation or not.

"remember what i said about us doing crazy things?" louis asked, "i think we should keep going. not just limited to the kissing thing- although i'm not saying we 'ought to stop that either-" jesus there's no way i'm salvaging this. "but... just us doing fun, spontaneous things. not worrying about anything we deem unimportant."

kris exhaled. "i love it."

and, she thought, quite possibly, you.

he took her palm and began rubbing tiny circles into her skin, softly smiling. this girl was rapidly overshadowing everything else, taking over his world. there was nothing he cared to do to stop it.

"what should our first act of insanity be?" louis asked in a low whisper. "ladies first."

kris thought for a moment. then she offered, "how about tattoos? they wouldn't have to be matching or anything, but it's something bold."

"that is a perfect start."

they sat there for a long time more, wearing circles into their skin and believing that they'd known each other for years more than they really had. the ice underneath them never melted in the slightest.

although they were eventually driven to go back inside by the cold; kris was, anyway. louis began to reform the ice path back, and kris was still as off-balance as ever as she followed.

suddenly, her foot lost it's place. kris had less than a second to think oh my god before she collapsed onto something much too solid. her eyes had shut on instinct. after a hesitant moment, kris opened them. ice had sprung out from under her, giving her a not-so-soft pillow to land on.

her stomach dropped. kris pushed herself onto her knees, staring at the small circle of ice that had been created underneath her. there was no way louis could've reacted so quickly, right? had she done this herself?

kris looked up at louis. he'd stopped halfway turned around, hand slightly open. from the look on his face, something told kris that he wasn't the cause of this.

this was all her.

kris had ice powers.

god i love this couple.

im lonely.

also i'm almost out of pre-written chapters, so the updates are most likely going to be coming in a lot slower, so i'm really sorry about that.

stats;
words- 765