xxxii

• Dedicated to @myfluffylou :D

| " you see her when you close your eyes, maybe one day you'll understand why everything you touch only dies " let her go, passenger |

the same night that they got the tattoos, louis and kris sort of accidentally fell asleep on the same bed.

they were talking about some insignificant thing and kris's head was resting on his chest right between his stomach and collar bones, and somewhere along the way louis dozed off and kris didn't really want to move away; it only took her a few minutes more to fall asleep as well. they both still had their shoes on.

louis woke up when his phone buzzed for what must've been the eighth time in his back pocket, causing just enough of an annoyance to wake him. he blinked hard several times, trying to keep his eyes from closing again. his left arm was being tickled by something. he turned his head slightly. kris's hair was sprawled wildly in several directions; her hand curled into a loose fit on his stomach. louis smiled.

then his phone vibrated again, and he quietly groaned.

trying his hardest not to wake kris, louis wiggled his free hand down to his phone and held it a few inches away from his face. nine new messages from harry.

h.

2hr. ago

louis, r u awake?

h

2hr. ago

pick up yor fucking phone

h.

2hr. ago

if u don't think ill fly after u...

h.

1hr ago.

since when do you sleep b4 midnight jesus

h.

45min. ago

jesus pick up

h.

43min ago.

i didn't mean 'jesus call me' i meant u.

louis had to smirk at that.

h.

36min. ago

i'm serious just call me right now it's important.

h.

20min. ago

ok obv. ur sleepinh so wake the ever loving fuck up

h.

2min. ago

fycking wake up ok it's important.

despite the missed letters which sort of distracted a person, louis scooted inch by inch until he'd moved onto the edge of the bed. kris didn't move or show any signs of waking, so louis hurried out of the room and into the hallway and called his friend.

"hello?"

"hey, 's me." louis rubbed his eyes.

harry exhaled. "why'd you fall asleep?"

"i was tired, dip shit." he pulled the phone away from his hear a moment to check the time. 3:26am. "why're you still up, what's so important?"

"jacob's been talking around, apparently; he was talking to zayn about kris and the new guys a few hours ago. she's not getting any more powers, right?"

"wait- zayn's okay, right?"

"untouched. now answer my question."

louis hesitated. why was he asking?

"jacob asked about it. according to zayn, he already knew that kris had gained another power, and zayn just told him what it specifically was."

"whoa, whoa, where'd he hear about that? where'd you hear about that?"

"no damn idea, and zayn's filled me in."

louis glanced up and down the hallway. he felt like he was having this conversation with a very serious topic much too loudly. but it was three am; a very small chance that anyone was going to be awake to hear.

"when are you planning on coming back?" harry asked.

louis shrugged, which was pointless. "two weeks? less?"

"alright."

"and keep me updated with what's going on back home. if jacob talks to anyone about kris or anything even remotely shady, i need to know."

"i was going to do that anyway."

"you're going to sleep now, right?"

"probably not."

louis rolled his eyes. "fine. g'night."

"nighty-night."

another eye roll and louis hung up. he stayed outside the room a little longer, spinning his phone in his hands.

what would happen if jacob found out about kris's ice powers? and, judging from how quickly he'd discovered her other ability, was almost guaranteed to happen. and it wasn't like they could just run off every time something threatening, even in the slightest bit, came up. jacob was just a person, and they should've been able to just ignore him and go on working on actual problems, like trying to find more people like them.

but, the other part of him argued, jacob doesn't just ignore people. he tears them apart until they won't fight him anymore.

and he was truly worried for his friends back home. sure, harry would take any chance to beat the ever-loving god out of jacob, no one who knew him doubted that. but he wasn't immune to getting hurt, and louis still worried.

he hadn't come out here to worry, he reminded himself. he'd promised himself and kris that they would reserve all worrying until they returned home.

or until something really bad happened.

louis made himself think of something else.

-

okay i was snapchatting christian the other night while i was pre-writing the ending and goD you guys are going to freak the fuck out.

and christian is going to literally murder me.

pls dont.

(but you all know noTHING I HAVE ABSOLUTE POWER I FEED OFF YOUR TEARS)

ahem.

this is probably to late but is " louis' " or " louis's " grammatically correct??? it's been pestering me.

stats;

words- 891

reads- 1,381

votes- 23

comments- 11 (guys comment more pls ily i have literally two people telling me their thoughts about this fic)