Chapter 26: The New Phenomenon.

(A/N: I'm sorry, but I had to do the title like this. It was just too perfect to pass up. I actually laughed when I made this the title. Anyway, without further ado, please enjoy.)

The group was out of the mansion but they were cornered inside some trees far away from the house. They couldn't move or else they would get spotted by The Descended army. Their clothes and valuables were already packed and ready, they just needed to sneak away from the army. Well, they WERE going to sneak away...until they decided to watch.

~With Richard~

They had just fired the first missile from from their missile squad, which was a quarter of the army. Richard could have sworn he heard a blast though, but he dismissed it.

Richard: Missile squad, fire missiles two through six!

With that, they fired four more missiles. Just before they hit though, a forcefield suddenly formed around the entire mansion and the missiles blew up on impact.

Richard: A shield? Pathetic. Squad, fire seven through twenty!

With that, they started firing at the shield.

Richard: Robots, get ready to find and destroy any gang member of The Demons! If you see Josh, also known as The Demon Prince, you are ordered to destroy him on sight! Since you all share feedback with each other, then if one sees him, you all see him! Now get ready, robots!

With that, the robots began positioning themselves into the best battle stance programmed in them while the missile squad kept firing at the shield as the rest of the army formed a massive circle around the mansion.

~With Josh~

Josh was still chained down in his cell, still unable to use any of his powers. Every missile that hit the mansion or the shield, he felt. He could feel the vibration of it and knew sooner or later, they would break through.

Josh: So, I assume that's The Descended. Perfect, two revenges in one. Kill two birds with one stone. All I have to do is wait until something or someone-

Before he could finish his thought, he heard two grunts from outside the vault with his monster hearing. Normally nobody could hear anything on the other side of a very thick metal vault door, but his monster hearing enhanced his hearing ability by one thousand, he just controlled it when he felt like it.

Josh: Shit, that can't be good.

The vault door then opened and he saw Zoe standing there with blood on her two daggers that she kept on the outside of her shins. She sheathed them and walked over to Josh, then used the glock she kept on his left hip to try and shoot the chains off, but failed.

Josh: The chains are made of Lixen.

Zoe: Hmm, I have an idea then.

She then walked over to the guards and grabbed a key off one of them. Then she inserted it into the vault door and turned it, making a loud whirring sound. After a few seconds, the chains on Josh opened and fell off, making him smirk. He then stood up and walked out the vault, making sure to close it behind him.

Zoe: Hey, Master.

Josh just simply kissed Zoe on the lips and hugged her by the waist, which made her blush at first but she soon hugged him back.

Zoe: I love hugging you.

Josh: And I love kissing you.~

Zoe: We can get back to kissing after we get out of here, Master.~

Josh: I'd love that.~ First though, I have some personal business with the people here.

His smirk suddenly changed to a serious and threatening glare. She knew the glare wasn't meant for her, it just meant he was serious and about to cause chaos. One thing she picked up on about him was that when he got mad...devastation was all he was capable of.