Chapter 1: A Powerful Quick Learner & the Red Pack.

~December 26th, 2:18:AM~

Josh was currently lying on a rock, staring at the stars in the sky. His leg was in better shape but it still hurt when he put pressure on it, but at least he was able to stand, but he had to have somebody to help him walk. His eyes were still the same as when he accepted his powers because he didn't want to change them back to normal. For all he knew, black and red was his natural eye color.

Silvia usually stayed beside him, both at morning and night. Right now though, he was alone. He preferred to be alone ever since last night. He was grateful to the Inferno Claws, who had told him they were the black pack, but he didn't see them as family. There were seven packs in total. Red, black, green, blue, yellow, purple, and white. Josh had decided a few hours ago that when he trained a little with them and helped them beat the other packs, then he would leave to protect them. They may be powerful monsters, but even monsters could get hurt and die. So he didn't want to repay their kindness with the death of their own pack.

Right now though, he was alone. Lying on a rock, staring at the night sky, watching the stars. He found it peaceful. The slash on his cheek was completely healed thanks to the healers, who really did live up to the title, healers. They said his leg should be better by the morning, but he wanted to get to training now. Another thing he learned about his superhuman form, is that if he used it when he had wounds then they would completely heal.

He was using his backpack as a pillow. So he leaned up and reached into his backpack, grabbing a sandwich. Then he began eating it as he started singing to himself. He found singing to himself quite entertaining, but he was always too shy to sing in front of other people. His father had told him before that only girls sing, but he liked singing.

~Start of Song~

As sly as a fox, as strong as an ox.
As fast as a hare, as brave as a bear.
As free as a bird, as neat as a word.
As quiet as a mouse, as big as a house.

All I wanna be, all I wanna be, oh.
All I wanna be is everything.

As mean as a wolf, as sharp as a tooth.
As deep as a bite, as dark as the night.
As sweet as a song, as right as a wrong.
As long as a road, as ugly as a toad.
As pretty as a picture hanging from a fixture.
Strong like a family, strong as I wanna be.
Bright as day, as light as play.
As hard as nails, as grand as a whale.

All I wanna be, all I wanna be, oh.
All I wanna be is everything.

As warm as the, the sun, as silly as fun.
As cool as a tree, as scary as the sea.
As hot as fire, cold as ice.
Sweet as sugar and everything nice.
As old as time, as straight as a line.
As royal as a queen, as buzzed as a bee.
Stealth as a tiger, smooth as a glider.
Pure as a melody, pure as I wanna be.

All I wanna be, all I wanna be, oh.
All I wanna be is everything at once.

~End of Song~

He then sighed as he finished his sandwich. Then he decided to do some poetry just for fun. He never told anybody, but he really liked poetry.

Josh: Monsters are monsters, I'm so different from you. For a monster I am, but what truly makes me one? Is it the power I hold, or grief I carry? Could it be the anger and pain I get, or the danger I give? Which is which? I have no clue. If only if only I had a home, then maybe a family could be there for me. Sadly, that life is for another. For I have no one to love, and a few to trust...the end.