Chapter 5: The True Monster Within.

Everybody and everything was ready. The explosives were set and ready to detonate at the back of the red Inferno Claw home with nine soldiers waiting ten feet away and behind trees from the explosives. Nine soldiers waited just outside the entrance. Bradly, Tyrone, Rose, Violet, and two soldiers waited further back from the soldiers at the entrance. Everybody was waiting on Bradly's signal. So he pulled out his phone and put it to his ear.

Bradly: Okay everybody, this is probably going to be our toughest and hardest fight ever. So everybody, prepare yourselves and your weapons. On my signal, we execute the plan.

[Alvin: Yes sir.]

[Rudy: Understood sir.]

[Carole: Yes sir.]

[Lynn: Yes sir.]

Bradly: Good, on three. One, two...three!

A massive explosion went off, blowing a massive hole in the wall of the red base.

Bradly: Back team, push forward!

With that, they did exactly as they were told. When they quickly stepped out of the trees and created a firing squad at the entrance of the hole they blew open, hordes of Inferno Claws came running at them with their claws glowing an even brighter red than their mist with heat. A few seconds later, Bradly yelled their next orders.

Bradly: Entrance team, go now!

The soldiers did as they were told and charged through the entrance, opening fire on any moving Inferno Claw they saw. Then Bradly looked to Tyrone, Rose, Violet, and the two soldiers with them.

Bradly: Come on, let's go.

Tyrone: Right.

Two Soldiers: Yes sir.

Rose: Got it.

Violet: Okay.

They then began to sneak into a nearby hallway in the base as the soldiers began to push further into the red base. Then one soldier pulled a grenade from her belt and threw it into the horde of Inferno Claws.

Soldier: GRENADE!!!!

As Bradly, Tyrone, Rose, Violet, and the other two soldiers disappeared into a hallway, every soldier took cover as the grenade blew up a lot of the monsters. Then when the soldiers came back out and aimed at the monsters, something happened that shocked them...the monsters weren't doing anything. The monsters just stood still in the middle of their home just looking at the soldiers. So one soldier spoke up.

Soldier: What are they doing?

???: You weaklings shouldn't be here.

They all, both monsters and humans, turned their attention to the source of the voice. It was Hector and he had a katana in his left hand, glistening with the light of the moon. This made every soldier curious and worried as the monsters just looked at him with fear consuming their eyes.

Soldier: Who are you?

Hector: Hector.

Soldier: You have to get out of here! These monsters will tear you apart!

This made him laugh as the monsters seemed to cower in fear.

Hector: I don't think so. They know their place.

Soldier: Then...what's your place?

He then made a smirk that could strike fear into even the most courageous and brave men.

Hector: I'm their alpha.

Soldier: But that's impossible, a human can't live with monsters.

Hector: Haha...whoever said I was human?