Chapter 32: Boom!

After the enemies at the Nature Zone were cleared, Angel and I ran towards the entrance of the Academy, located near Professor Elemental's office. "I wonder if there's more coming?" she wondered aloud.

"Something else, Angel. I was wondering if you had a clue as to where these came from anyway."

"I was having my bets on some secret organization, but that sounds dumb. They might be some natural spawn of the underworld."

"Are you a spawn of the underworld?"

"I might be. You just have to get on my bad side to find out." Angel pulled out her sword. "You know, I'm a little tired of holding this sword and getting so close. Maybe I should be like Quake and master a bow. Or maybe a gun-type weapon. Something to get far from the baddies." She stopped and blinked. "Am I becoming an introvert?"

"Or you're just being more careful." I eyed the wound on her leg that had been inflicted 10 or so minutes ago but had not affected her.

Angel tracked my eyes, then looked down at her leg. "Probably. Though, I still like being in the heat of battle, so I'm going to scratch the range idea for now."

"Out of curiosity, what does Professor Dark use?"

"A pair of daggers. Good for dealing damage quickly while jumping in and out of the shadows, you know?"

"Can she do that?"

"Of course! She's the professor of the Darks." Angel pulled out her own weapon, which was larger than a pair of daggers. She frowned. Not good for the description she gave for daggers. "My turn. What does Professor Water use?"

"She uses a bow. I heard that she once sniped some little enemy from a distance as long as the Academy times three."

Angel looked around. "That's a long distance."

"Isn't it?" I began to picture an arrow flying past multiple obstacles and piercing a rat's head but was interrupted by a large explosion. The Ice Zone, which was nearest to the main entrance of the Academy (due to an architectural error, the Fire Zone was behind by a few feet.) now had a large hole through the roof and was now burning at the top. I looked towards the main entrance to see a single UL, holding what seemed to be a remote control button. "That...looks a lot like Sh—"

"Please don't say anything," Angel muttered.

"Angel, when we fought him, he disappeared. Do you think—"

"Hold on. When you got it with your trident—"

"Rapier."

"—rapier. It disappeared rather quickly, don't you think?"

"It was almost instant."

"It was! Maybe it was teleportation. It's capable of that, you know."

"Yeah...I think you're right! And when it was still spending time in the Academy, it probably planted a bomb of some sort!"

Angel gripped her sword. "I think we have that figured out. But now we have something to take care of." She dashed towards the UL with the remote. With a smirk, the UL pressed the button again, which blasted the ground under Angel, sending her into the air. My eyes followed her body all the way to the Earth Zone, which was across the Academy. I wouldn't have had the time to run to her, so I pulled out my trident and rushed the UL myself. I noticed that the ground where the explosion occured was still existent.

If you're wondering where Elementals pull out their weapons, well, the answer is it's based on magic (but in an EP sort of way). When we need our weapon, we just have our arm in position as if we were already holding our weapon, and then our weapon appears from a magical storage. Secondary items will just spawn where they are supposed to spawn. For example, a quiver will spawn with the latch around the Elemental's figure.