Chapter 2: Calm

I visit the Cliff quite a lot. It's an amazing view for me. Above is the clear sky, and below are the crashing waves of the sea. It's quiet and calm, and I usually go here to calm myself down if I need to.

I don't see why anyone with a sense of calm would dislike this.

I drag Quake along with me occasionally. He seems to love the waves, especially the structure of the rocks it crashes upon. "The way they're lined up is spectacular," he tells me.

For now, I'm alone. This is the best way to stay calm.

Zap and Angel prefer the Garden, where the sounds of all the Elementals playing gives them calm.

Everyone has their preferences.

💧 Water Zone 💧

"Hey there, Flow."

"Pacifia! How's it going?"

"Not bad. You?"

"Pretty good. I still can't believe that last year passed. It was so crazy..."

"Wasn't it? Though I might've missed a part of it." I replied. I thought back to when I trapped myself at the Cliff, trying to keep the Corruption from spreading through me. It comforts me to know that Quake cared. That's why he couldn't be corrupted. Zap and Angel... if I recall, they both experienced corruption, though Zap went Hyper and did most of the work. I can't imagine where we'd be at now if that didn't happen. Would the Academy still stand? It can't stand without its Elementals.

Thinking back to yesterday during our conversation... seems like Zap didn't change on the inside.

But what about Angel? How did she change from the beginning to the end?

It's crazy how Zap and Quake and I started out the year as enemies, and now we're on decent terms. That didn't take long to happen, either...

And when we were stuck in that abusal room... I still shudder thinking about it, but at least I don't have to experience that again.

Zap went in the abusal rooms twice... and so did I.

Zap saved someone, didn't he? Icicle was her name. Freeze is her partner.

Come to think of it, Zap did a lot of things last year...

But now I hope he doesn't risk himself so much this time... he can just stay calm.

That's something we all need to do once in a while, huh? Stay calm...