Chapter 23: It's Back

Of course, the first thing I thought about why this thing was where Zap should've been. "Where's Zap?"

"I told him you ran into the cave because Angel convinced you to, so I managed to convince him to run into the caves as well."

"Why would you do that?"

"Apparently, Zap interrupted Angel when she had asked you uncomfortable questions. Now, Zap won't be able to interrupt me when I ask you uncomfortable questions. Which I shall ask you again. Can you explain your beliefs against me? Why believe things against me anyway? Am I not to be trusted?"

"No." I began to run.

"Let's not do that, now." With Dark power, Shade managed to lock me in place. I couldn't move past an inch from where I was. "Come on! Tell me things."

"I don't want to."

"That sucks. By the way, not only can no-one see this box you're trapped in, it's soundproof to everybody but me. Yes, I'm risking looking insane by speaking to no-one, but that's okay."

That sucks, because I had prepared to call for Angel, or anyone.

"You know, I'm not a Silver. This glow you see around me is just an illusion. What it actually is..." He was silent. I stared at his silver glow until it turned into a black one. "It's strange, isn't it? Black isn't one of the rank colors! It's actually the color of darkness. You know, like Umbre Lucifers?"

I knew it! I swear, everything I assume is correct but is being used against me. Next, I'll asume that Zap never went into the cave but somehow that'll get him hurt.

"Well, enough of that." The silver glow returned. "I need answers."

"Well," I managed, "as you have just revealed to me that you are a UL—"

"Refer to us properly," the Umbre Lucifer said.

"Apologies. As I was saying, as you have just revealed to me that you are a Umbre Lucifer, I can kindly say that I had accused you of at least being in line of them."

"Impressive that you had figured it out," it said. (I hate 'Shade' now and will no longer call 'it' that name or a proper pronoun.) "Well, what next? Ah, that's correct." It disappeared for a moment before returning, holding a corpse. "Remember this?"

I did. It was the corpse Zap had killed, many months ago.

"Ready to see some magic?" It threw the corpse up and thrust out its hand, which reanimated the figure.

"Well...dammit," I muttered.

"Okay!" the reanimated UL said. "It's time to have some sweet revenge."

Please don't please don't I'm only 14 don't do this to me I'm still young don't hurt me please flew into my head and circled around multiple times like it was running across a sprint track.

"Well, too bad! You did what you did to me, so I'm doing what I'm going to do to you," it said, like it read my mind, which it without a doubt did.

"Wait!" I interrupted. "It wasn't me, it was someone else."

"Ugh, you're right. Where is he?"

"I don't know."

"I left him to fight the others. He should be back in a day or so," the fake Elemental UL said.

"Not good enough. I need him now. Get him for me!" the other UL demanded.

"Fine." The traitor teleported, and moments later he teleported back. "Yep. I got him to run back to here."

"Excellent. Now we wait."

Which we did. For quite a while.

💧 Two Hours Later 💧

"Well, I'm sorry for doubting you, Pacifia," Zap muttered.

"It's okay!" I replied, forgetting I was trapped in the soundproof box.

"Aha...no it isn't." So could he hear me or is he making up the conversation himself?

"Zap?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Can you see me?"

"Yes."

"Er, I'm trapped in a box, actually. I guess since we're dating you can see me. No-one else can. Except those things." I pointed towards the ULs.

"Rude," the traitor said. "Anyway, time's up."

"Alright," the reanimated UL said. "It's time to start some business."

"This thing again?" Zap asked. "Come on..."

"Yes, this thing again. Let us fight!"

"Wait." The traitor spoke softly, and in a few seconds, the reanimated UL had a dark purplish glow around it. Not like the Amethysts' glow, however. Those are lighter.

"Screw this," Zap said. "You said you were trapped in a box, Cif?"

"Yes she is, and it's quite durable as well. In fact, do your best!" The traitor signaled to the reanimated UL to wait.

Zap studied me. "How big is this box?"

"One inch around me."

"Ah, I see the outline."

"Look." I stretch my hands out and pressed my hands on the border that trapped me.

"Got it..." Zap looked around the box. Quickly, he ran out of the Zone and came back with a surprised Angel. "There's your man," he whispered.

"That's the UL you killed," she said.

"Nope," Zap said. He looked over to me to apologize, and he grabbed Angel's hand.

"Oh...oh." She looked over to where Zap looked. She looked past me, indicating that she couldn't see me.

"Mhm." Zap let go of her hand. He rubbed his hands and went back to me. He grabbed his sword and attempted but failed to slash through the barrier. It bounced off like the barrier was made of metal.

"I just lost two boyfriends this year," Angel said, sighing. She looked directly at me now, indicating that she could see me. I noticed Zap had grabbed her hand again. I was getting uncomfortable. She tapped the barrier and shattered it. "I study their attacks too much. Came in handy, didn't it?"

I stepped out of the barrier and quickly nodded. I grabbed Zap's hand away from Angel's.

"Calm down," he said, softly. "You're still my girlfriend. That's why I went into the cave. You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah," I whispered.

"Sweet," Angel interrupted. "You're making me jealous."

"Find a genuine boyfriend," I said, reciting her words.

"Shut up," she said. She turned to the ULs. "Zap."

"Fine." They had been listening in awe for a while, but had now jumped into a combat position. Zap looked at me. "You ready to have some fun?"