Chap 17: The Note

Mikey's P.O.V:

I was running towards the lair. I knew I wasn't that far because I was starting to recognize the sewer system that I was in. 'Almost there,' I thought.

If I was able to make it to the lair before the others find out I'm there, I might have a chance to finish this part of the plan without Sirds.

I looked at my phone to see that the tracker on the Shellraiser was still active. It was parked by some hospital called "Health + Hospitals/Bellevue." "So if Leo, Raph, and Donnie were at Leatherhead's place, that means April and Karai were with Casey. And since they're both humans, it would make sense that they bring Casey to the hospital themselves. That also means Splinter could still be in the lair," I said to myself.

If Splinter was still in the lair, then it would be really hard to get in and out without being spotted. At the same time though, I did managed to sneak into a room without any of them spotting me. Well, whatever happens, happens.

---------------

I finally made it to the lair. When I entered the main room, it was quiet. I couldn't hear anything going on. I went to Donnie's lair without making a sound to grab a paper and pencil. He always had that kind of stuff in there. I gave a glance to an unconscious Casey, but I grabbed what I needed and went into my room, being cautious in not making noise, and closed my door (since it was already opened). I looked to see that the chair I was tied to was laying on its side. I kicked it out of the way. I then sat down on the part my bed that was right next to my wooden shipping box.

 I then sat down on the part my bed that was right next to my wooden shipping box

I cleared it of any trash and started writing down what I needed to. After a few minutes, I wrote down everything that needed to be wrote. This was the note:

Dear everyone, 

        I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I did. I'm sorry for hurting Casey.
        I'm sorry for being a burden in your lives. I was always the one who 
        messed things up. But I only did it to make you guys happy. If I was 
        the one who messed things up, you guys would think you're better 
        than me and never have to feel rock bottom. Trust me, you don't 
        want to know what that feels like. When you guys were sad and felt 
        like you weren't good enough, all you had to do was think of me 

        and you'd feel better. I was the one who made you realize you 
        weren't the worst, because I took that role. It was the only thing 
        I was good at, being the useless one. Don't try to deny it, you 
        know its true. 

        I'm sorry for leaving the ones who truly cared about me. 
       Leatherhead, you'll know what to do. Karai, you'll need to figure 
       out what you need to do. The rest of you, just please, stay out of it.

          One last thing: 
PentagonOctagon'Trapezoid 
TriangleStarStar 
TriangleCircle 
PentagonStarStarNonagonTrapezoidPentagonRectangleCircle.   
Pentagon'Heptagon 
CircleRectangleOctagon 
DodecagonDecagonTriangleDodecagon.  

        Goodbye everyone. I will no longer be a nuisance to you all.

                                                                                                                        Signed,
                                                                                                                                Michelangelo

I folded up the note and put it on my bed. Hopefully someone will see it. Now the last part with all the shapes is actually a secret code. I put that code there so I can use it to my advantage later. If my brothers remember what I was like before this whole mess, then they'll know what that code means.

I took one good look at my room since it may be the last time I see it for a long time. I grabbed my smoke eggs, kunais, grappling hook, and some pizza to eat. "Man, I'm starving."

I basically swallowed the pizza. I grabbed my nunckucks with me. I was stupid enough to leave them behin before, but not this time. I also kept my T-phone with me because how else were they going to track my location? Yep, that's right. I knew Donnie was tracking me by my phone. And I knew they were on their way right now. 

I left my room and closed the door behind me quietly. As I was walking through the main room, I noticed that the dojo's candles were on. 'What the... It's like 2 in the morning, why are those still on?' I thought to myself.

I walked over to the dojo door and opened it a tiny bit. Inside was a meditating rat. I couldn't help but think back to the time he called me a monster. I still don't understand why he said that to me? Don't people realize that words can hurt just as much as action? But I guess it will already be too late by the time Splinter and everyone else realizes that. I looked over to the exit, then back at Splinter. I really wanted to say goodbye, but I don't think he deserves it nor will it do any good. 

I quietly ran to the exit. I looked over at the remaining vehicles. There was the stealth bike and the party wagon. "Okay, stealth bike it is," I said.

I chose the bike because it was fast and I needed a vehicle to get me where I was going. And how else were the guys supposed to catch up with me? I jumped into the bike and grabbed the keys that was hidden under the seat. I inserted the key into ignition and activated the bike. I drove off.

--------------

After some time, I opened the roof of the bike to reveal the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a beautiful sight. That's where I was going. It was the perfect place. I was starting to take shortcuts so that I could get there faster. Since I was always the guy who was navigating, I know this city like the back of my hand. 

As I was taking another shortcut, I saw some Footbots entering a warehouse from the roof. I was right around the corner, so I could see them, but they couldn't see me. This was the stealth bike after all. "What the heck are they doing?" I asked myself. 

After all the foot bots entered the building, I wrote down the address and tucked it under my seat. After that, I drove off to head to the Brooklyn Bridge.

End of Chapter 17

Well, everybody, we're almost at the end of this story. Just 2 or 3 more chapter until this is over. I can't wait for the ending, some of you may like it. Just stay with me for a few more chapters, and this story will finally finish.