Chap 7: Other Enemies

Donnie's P.O.V:

Leo, Raph, me, and even Casey were in the Shellraiser for patrol. I was looking through the monitor trying to spot any suspicious activity, Leo was driving, and Raph was in his usual station, and Casey was navigating instead of Mikey. Mikey wasn't here, so someone had to do it. We usually aren't out at this time, It was only 6:32, but the sun was setting early so it was going to be dark anyway.

I looked over at Leo. He seemed to have been gripping the steering wheel tensely. He didn't seem to be angry, more like shook. And I can't blame him. Mikey had acted in a way that he's never done before. I looked over at Raph who seemed to be lost in his thoughts. "Which way, Casey?" asked Leo.

Nothing. Leo looked back to Casey as well. "Casey?" I asked.

Casey was looking at the map with confusion. "Um, I think you need to turn left... no wait, turn right."

"Well, which way is it?" asked Leo as we approached the stop light.

"Just... turn right."

Casey seemed disturbed. We told him what went down with Mikey back at the Lair, and he looks guilty that he's here and Mikey's not.

Leo took a right. "You okay Raph?" I asked.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine," replied Raph.

He obviously wasn't fine. But if he didn't want to share what was on his mind, then he wouldn't budge.

After Leo asked which way to go again, Raph just exploded into anger. "Ugh, why does Casey have to keep navigating? Mikey's normally the one who has to do this stuff! How does he know to do this?"

"I don't know Raph. He just does. He's a natural. Kinda like how he can cook," I explained.

"Yeah, Mikey does seem to know how to do a lot of things that we can't," added Casey.

I was gonna say something else, but my monitor started beeping. "Uh-oh, guys, the computer seems to be picking up some unusual energy."

"Alright, well, let's see what it is. Tell us where to go Casey," said Leo.

"Really? You're asking me to navigate?" said Casey annoyingly.

"Oh yeah, sorry. But give it you're best shot anyway," said Leo encouragingly.

Casey rolled his eyes and started navigating again.

-----------

After many wrong turns and groans of annoyance from Raph, we finally made it to the source of the strange energy.

From what we could see from inside the Shellraiser, it was in some kind of an apartment building. "Huh? Donnie, I think your scanner is broken. The Kraang are too 'sophisticated' to be operating in that piece of junk," said Raph with emphasis on sophisticated.

"No, my scanner isn't broken. This is the place," I replied.

"What would the Kraang be doing in an abandoned apartment complex? A place that can easily be infiltrated?" asked Leo.

"I don't know, but let's find out," I answered.

We parked the Shellraiser further up the street and ran back to the building. The sky was really dark. The street was quiet. We entered the building.

(A/N But little did the guys know, on the side of the building, the side they couldn't see, was the Foot Clan sign.)

When we were walking up the stairs, we could all immediately smell a type of burning sensation. When we breathed in the stench, it burned our nostrils, but it was nothing we couldn't handle. After minute, Casey said, "Hm, seems very quiet for there to be strange energy coming from here."