Chap 1: New Friend

Mikey's P.O.V:

I ran to my room and locked my door. I was holding back tears. It hurt, but I didn't want my brothers to hear me. Personally, I think crying is a form of weakness. And I can't have my brothers thinking I'm weak. Besides, I've been doing this for quite a while. After about a minute of sitting on my bed, someone knocked on my door. "Mike? Hey, it's me, Raph. You okay in there?" he asked.

I said, "Yeah, I'm good."

"So can I come in?" he asked.

I didn't feel like talking to him right now. "Um, I don't think that's a good idea."

He paused for a sec. "And why is that?" he asked sounding impatient.

Crap. If I didn't come up with a good excuse, he'd come in. But luckily, I have one of the most creative minds ever. "Well, because, I'm naked."

Now that definitely threw Raph off balance. "Oh, um, okay, just wanted to say I'm sorry, and that the pizza will be here soon." 

I was so confused, why was Raph apologizing? I was the one who put us all in harm. He didn't do anything but say the facts. But before I could say anything, he said, "You know, you could say sorry too. Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh on you, but that doesn't mean I was lying about the truth." And he stomped away.

Wow. Raph could really have a temper sometimes. I just rested my body on my bed. They don't realize the pain they're causing me. I was just about to go to sleep until I heard a voice. 'Michelangelo.'

The voiced dragged along the word, making me uncomfortable. It had an echo, like it was in my mind. 'Huh? Who said that?' I thought.

'Michelangelo. It's me. Look.'

I looked around and saw... wait, was that a HEART?!?! It looked like a paper heart, like the ones you make on Valentines day, not an actual beating heart. "What... what are you?" I asked.

'I'm you Mikey. Or at least I'm your spirit that reflects your personality. I'm here because you are in danger.'

The being's mouth didn't move. He was talking to me through my mind? "What kind of danger?" I asked suspiciously.

'Danger that will result in my demise. You let your brothers sadden you. You must fix that. If you continue down this path, you will be broken.'

I was curious. "So what? If I keep having a bad relationship with my brothers, it will eventually break me?"

'Yes, but I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen. No one but you can see me, so I'll be by your side making sure you make the right decisions.'

"Um, thanks, I guess," I said.

'Sleep now Mikey, you will need it in the upcoming journey.'

And I did just that.

Raph's P.O.V:

I was walking back to the living room. Something wasn't right. Since when did Mikey start acting like that. I knew he wasn't naked in his room; Mikey just doesn't do that. So why is he avoiding us. Maybe we really ticked him off this time. I started to feel a twinge of guilt until I heard Leo call my name.

"Raph!"

"What? What do you want Leo?" I said impatiently.

"Did Mikey accept the apology?" he asked.

"Oh. Uh, I'm not sure. He didn't want to talk though. He never did accept it. Probably because I left a little too soon..." I told Leo.

"Why did you leave early?" Leo questioned.

"Because Mikey was being a jerk. I apologized to him, but he couldn't do it back. Shell, he didn't even ask if I was okay, considering HE did the damage," I argued.

Then, out of nowhere, Master Splinter said, "That is not how apologies work, Raphael. If Michelangelo doesn't want to apologize, that's on him. You showed great maturity on your act Raphael, apart from the fact that you left too soon. I'm sure with enough time, he'll apologize as well." 

I just nodded. I hope whatever's going on with Mikey will blow over soon.

"Hey guys, Pizza's here!" yelled Donnie as he entered the Lair.

END OF CHAPTER 1

So, what do you think? The heart was a little weird choice, but don't worry, later on in the story, you'll see why I chose a heart.