Chapter Sixty-Five

Start from the beginning

"It's okay. I'm always here, Prim." Jackson said sweetly.

We go to a spare bunkbed. I put Jasper to sleep first with his bear before crawling in bed with Bellamy across from our son. It didn't take him long to fall asleep, he looked so cute.

I felt Bellamy's arm snake around me. "I love you, Prim." He said pulling me closer.

"Remember when Murphy swore in front of Jasper and that was one of our biggest worries for that day? We were terrified he would go around swearing up a storm." I smiled faintly. "I miss that. I wished there was nothing else that I worried about for my son, it was just... swearing."

"I miss when we first arrived to earth. And I saw you for the first time in years. I thought you were cute. I wish I could see you for the first time again, just to relive our relationship. All through the bad and the good. Because there is not a single person I'd rather fight in a war with." He kissed my cheek. "He will experience the good and the bad that earth offers, Prim. But he won't want it any other way. Because this place is where we make memories, no matter if their good or bad, they are memories."

I rolled over to face him. "Do you think he will forgive me for what he will be seeing?"

"He will know that all you wanted was the best for him and you tried your best to give him it."

I grabbed my boyfriend's face and kiss his lips. He deepened the kiss and I could feel his hand reaching for my bottoms.

I break the kiss and give him a smile. "We shouldn't do it right here. He could wake up."

Bellamy just reached for the lamp and turned it off, surrounded us in darkness. "Now he won't see anything."

We were in the process of getting started when there was a rattle from above. Bellamy got off me and in the dark I start putting my clothes back on.

"Mommy?" I heard Jasper call.

"Mommy's here, don't worry." I turned on the lantern. Thankfully Bellamy had his boxers on. We finished getting dressed and I reach for my boy and tuck him in.

"Stay here." Bellamy ordered as he ran out of the doorway.

"Hey, hey, you're okay. How 'bout I tell you a story." I suggested. He nodded his head. I told him about arriving to earth and meeting his father for the first time through the rattling and noises from above. Of course for his own protection I embellished a bit.

Eventually my boy fell back to sleep and I slept next to him to make sure he's safe.

I woke up the next morning to Jasper tapping me awake. "Wake up, mommy."

I sat up and bumped my head on a metal bar. I fought myself from swearing up a storm. Here we go again, another day.

I noticed Bellamy wasn't asleep in our bed. I quickly got Jasper dressed and I had him stay with Jackson while I went to see what was going on.

I knew where Bellamy would be, he would be with the others in a small computer lab, panicking over Echo's safety. But I believed in her. She wouldn't give up without a fight.

I walked in to see Bellamy hunched over a computer. "Did you sleep at all?" I asked him. He hesitated to answer. "You need to rest, you're no good to us dead."

"I know... it's just she should be back by now."

"She will get it done. With those prisoners, there's probably obstacles." I put an hand on his shoulder, giving him a small squeeze.

"I wish it was me over there instead of her."

Before I could reply the door opened and Octavia entered. "Well? Any word?"

I glanced at Bellamy. Octavia still hated Echo down to the core of her very being.

"I-it's going to take some time." I spoke up. "We can count on her to get it done."

"It wouldn't be the first time she betrayed us." Octavia muttered darkly.

Indra spoke up from her side. "If they trust her, maybe we should too." I was surprised the words exited her mouth.

"You're still upset we shot the traitors." Octavia said to Bellamy.

"Shot? What?" I gasped.

"She got the traitors while they went on the ship, people who just wanted a second chance at life." Bellamy told me sadly.

"But we are fighting for our lives here, Bellamy." Octavia said firmly. "The hydrofarm is on its last legs. It was a miracle you showed up when you did. I haven't thanked you enough for that. She put a hand on his shoulder. "If we could just get to shallow valley things will be better, I promise."

"Funny, that's the same thing we said about getting down to the ground." Bellamy replied softly. "Then we found you."

She pulled her lips into a tight line and left the room. I didn't like the tension at all.

"Things will work out for us, they always do." I said optimistically. I tried to give him a smile. "Then my dad can meet our boy."

"Prim..." Bellamy sighed. He grabbed my hands, I gave him a funny look. "Kane might be working with Diyoza and the prisoners."

I ripped my hands out of his. "What? Why?"

"Octavia had a gladiator match with criminals and Kane was apart of one of the matches. She wanted him dead and she made him fight to the death. He's with Abby with the prisoners and... it just makes sense."

"B..but I'm here, we're here. Aren't we important?"

He cupped my face. "Of course we are, he just... he has a lot of reasons to hate Octavia and want her dead."

"He must know I'm here and he's willing to kill us? That's not my father."

"To be honest, Prim. I don't think he's thinking about you. He's just thinking about Octavia and Abby."

"When we see him, I'm punching him in the face." I growled.

"Noted." He replied, he had a small amount of fear in his eyes, as he should have.

I went back to train, I found a machete, like my old one and practice around with that.

"Prim!" I heard Clarke call.

I looked over to see her. I put my machete in its holster and I walked up to her, she had a letter addressed to Prim.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Jasper wrote it to you... before everything. He had one made out to Monty too."

"Thank you." I gave her a smile.

She left and I opened it up with shaky hands.

Prim, you were one of the best people I've met on the ark (besides Monty) and I loved every second I spent with you. After Maya, you tried to help me get better, you believed in me. I'm sorry for what I did. It wasn't your fault so don't beat yourself up. I wanted this. I hope you and Bellamy get married and you name your future kid after me, boy or girl. You loved me when I felt no love for myself. I could never thank you enough. If there's an afterlife, I'm living it up. But if I can, I'll watch after you. I'll spy on you whenever I can just to catch you during an embarrassing moment. I truly loved you and I hope you can forgive me.
- Jasper

I wiped a tear out of my eye to my best ability.

"I forgive you." I whispered to myself. "I forgive you."