18 ▷ before the madness

SISTER SALVATORE

18 before the madness

2x20

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah spoke to Arabella, Elena and Stefan as they all sat around the Salvatore Boarding house library, preparing themselves for the nights events.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake?" Stefan asked. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah informed.

Damon then entered the library as he suggested, "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today, with Bonnie."

Stefan spoke up, "Damon..."

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena immediately refused.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon somewhat joked.

"Just when I thought you couldn't be anymore of a dick." Arabella snapped before taking a sip of her coffee.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena sternly repeated herself.

Stefan, trying to break the tension, asked, "All right, how do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah began to say.

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explained.

Elena asked, "And where do I fit into it?"

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah spoke as he walked over and took a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger..." Elijah's eyes flickered towards Elena. "To the point of your death."

Elena's jaw clenched and breath hitched at the news as they all turned to look at her. Stefan immediately reached out for her hand and she looked at him with fearful eyes.

Elena watched as Elijah then opened the box and took a jar from it. "And that's where you come in."

Elijah held the elixir up for everyone to see as he spoke, "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

Elena asked, "So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon scoffed in disbelief before turning to Elena. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans." Elijah spoke up. "The doppelganger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over your elixir." Damon glared at Elijah before turning back to Elena. "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

Elena sighed, "Then I guess I'll just be dead."

Damon then looked over at Stefan who did nothing but shrugged. He then looked over to Arabella, who did the same. He then glared at everyone before turning around and walking out of the room. The youngest Salvatore siblings then looked at each other before Arabella sighed and stood up from her spot on the couch and followed her older brother out of the room.