0011

CHAPTER ELEVEN

      『CHAPTER ELEVEN』

It had been four days. Four days since anyone saw Jennie. Some students we're staring to notice her disappearance. Wondering if the new girl had gotten expelled already.

As for the nine students who knew exactly where Jennie was, they all went about their days. Acting oblivious to the witch's disappearance.

But as days went on, a select few seemed to grow more worried by the second.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo to be more specific.

Though they masked it well, every night Chaeyoung would find herself wishing Jennie would simply walk into their shared bedroom. Julie's words about Salvareema not being 'safe' invading her thoughts. While Jisoo simply couldn't sit still knowing her oldest friend was hiding in a different dimension.

Which only brings Jisoo and Chaeyoung to where they stood now. Just at the beginning of the Shallow Halls. It was nearing midnight. The moon is shining brightly as it slips through the windows, giving you a bit of guidance through the dark hallways.

"What if it doesn't work?"

"Well we could only hope that it does," The Siren sighs. "I have wishful thinking that it'll let us through if it recognizes me or something."

"But what if that doesn't work?" A voice frightens them. The smallest squeal emitting from Chaeyoung and Jisoo as they whip around to face a certain vampire.

"What are you doing here?" Jisoo whispers. Trying to catch her breath.

"Hmm," Irene shrugs. "I guess we had the same idea," she mumbles the last bit, taking a few steps closer.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung share a brief look before turning their attention back to the Shallow Halls. Of course it was dark, as always. The cool breeze in the night whistling through the air, sending a chill up each of their spines.

Chaeyoung initially thought she'd be afraid of returning to the darkness but surprisingly enough, she wasn't. More determined if anything.

Arm in arm, the two started their walk into darkness one again with Irene trailing not too far behind them. The sound of their breathing and soft footsteps was all that could be heard.

As they approached the portal door, Jisoo's lips parted at the sight before her. The carvings of a different language staring right back at her along with delicately designed snake wrapped up & down the door, weaving across like a maze or puzzle of some sort.

"What do we do now?" Jisoo asks. Looking at the two other girls since they've been here before.

Irene remains silent, allowing herself to recall the memories from that specific night. She could remember thinking, not everything was as it seemed. Irene had always made it her responsibility to be well knowledgeable in everything and anything that pertained to the supernatural world. Reading various books on her species, different species and anything else of importance.