Chapter Eighteen

FLORENCE HILL

I stuck a spoonful of ice cream inside my mouth as tears continually rolled down my cheeks. I couldn't believe how Vladimir was being with me, he'd never been so aggressive with me before and honestly, it scared me.

"Florence..?" A voice called out to me and I looked up with my tear stained face to see Caleb.

Once he saw me he quickly made his way towards me, pulling me into a hug. "Hey, it's alright.." he said softly as he rubbed my back in a soothing manner.

I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly, and even though they weren't even close to being the same as Vladimir's, they still felt comfortable. "How could he treat me like that?" I sobbed in his neck.

"He's just being an asshole." He said and I pulled away slightly to look at his face.

"But why?" I choked out. "Why is he so upset that I went to the basement...? I-I don't understand."

"Don't cry, please.." he said, wiping my tears with his hands. "I hate seeing our Luna cry.."

"Where is he gone?" I cried, desperately trying to control myself. "Why did he act like that?"

"Florence...please calm down." Caleb said softly.

"No!" I whimpered, shaking my head.

"Shh." He cradled my face to his chest and I soaked his shirt with my tears. "It's okay.."

"Where is he?" I asked, hysterically.

"I don't know." Caleb said. "But I don't think you should wait up for him...not after what he did."

"I won't." I said, pulling away from him and wiping my tears.

"I think you just need to sleep and forget about it for right now.." he said and I nodded, walking up to my room with Caleb following me.

I changed my clothes and when I walked out the bathroom, Caleb nodded at me and proceeded to go but I don't know what came over me, maybe it was because I was upset over Vladimir or just overly emotional and in need of someone, but I stopped him.

"Caleb...can you stay?" I said and he turned around, looking at me with uncertainty.

"Florence—" he started unsurely.

"Please." I whispered. "I don't wanna be alone right now."

"Sure." He whispered after a moment. "I'll sleep on the couch if you're uncomfortable.."

"The bed is fine.." I said. I felt bad about making him stay with me and then not even giving him the bed.

"Alright." He said.

I got into bed, with my back towards Caleb before I felt the bed dip. He stayed towards his side, not coming an inch closer. I lay in bed, thinking about Vladimir and what happened but it was mentally and emotionally draining me. I couldn't.

I felt my eyes get heavy and fell into a deep slumber, mentally exhausted due to the events of the day.

~~~

"What the fuck were you doing in bed with her?!" A loud voice made me jolt awake along with a loud slam near me.

"Vladimir...?" I murmured, sleepily as I sat up in bed. I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes before looking up. My jaw dropped at the seen before me. Vladimir was holding Caleb against the wall, with his hand wrapped tightly around his neck.