Chapter One

FLORENCE HILL

"Xavier, let me go." I giggled uncontrollably as he tickled me mercilessly.

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p' as I continued to laugh like a hyena underneath him.

I shoved at his chest with all my force but he was much stronger than me. "Let me go." I said, panting. He stopped tickling me but still had me trapped under him.

"I love you." He said, leaning down to peck my lips.

"I love you too, Xavi." I said, smiling up at him.

He scrunched up his face and flipped us over, bringing me on top of him. "You know, only you can get away with calling me that?"

"I'm glad." I said and he pecked my lips once more.

"Wanna show me your dress for tonight?" He asked, drawing circles on my waist.

"Mhmm." I mumbled, getting up and going to my closet, coming back with my dress.

"I like it." Xavier said as I held my dress in front of him.

"Is is too much?" I asked, anxiously. It was a short navy blue velvet dress with spaghetti straps and had a deep V neck.

"No, baby. You'll look gorgeous in it." He said, coming towards me and wrapping his arms around me. "You'll just have to be tied to my hip at all times so everyone knows you're mine."

I giggled slightly and pecked his lips. "Do you have training today?"

He nodded.

"When?" I asked.

"In about half an hour." He said, glancing at his watch.

I pouted and he chuckled. "I'll try to finish early."

"You do that."

"Sebastian needs me to take care of something for tonight." He said, untangling himself from me.

I nodded. "You should go."

He kissed my lips briefly. "I can't wait to see you in that dress." He whispered.

I giggled. "Shut up and go."

He laughed and winked at me before leaving the room.

Today was Sebastian, our alpha's twenty fifth birthday so he'd decided to throw a huge party and invited all the his close alpha friends to celebrate. Sebastian was completely fine with us calling him by his name and not 'alpha' since we were great friends much before he became alpha.

Xavier was his beta and my boyfriend, not my mate. We'd been dating for two years now and it'd been going great. He was actually a really nice guy, he loved me and I loved him back. He'd always been great to me and treated me like a princess.

I'd thought very little of my mate when I started dating him and I realised that if I don't find my mate, Xavier is the best guy because he's made me really happy.

He always told me that he didn't want his mate, that even if he found her he'd always want me but it still sometimes kind of worried me. I didn't think much about it though and didn't dwell on it for long but the thought always lingered at the back of my mind.

My parents had died eight years ago in a rogue attack and it would be an understatement to say that I still missed them like it happened yesterday. I was only thirteen when it happened and that period of my life was a very gloomy one, I was continuously miserable, unable to concentrate on anything at all. I'd lock myself in my room and cry for hours, with no one to comfort me. Their death anniversary was coming up and I wasn't thrilled about it. Sebastian's parents took care of me and treated me like their own daughter. If it weren't for them, I'd gone into depression a long time ago but they really helped me grow and stabilise.