Chapter Seventeen

VLADIMIR PEREZ

"Vladimir, tell her." Caleb said as he sat in front of my desk, in my office.

I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. "I can't." I sighed.

"Why not?" He asked in exasperation. "You can see it in her eyes that she's completely in love with you, what are you afraid of?"

"How do you know she loves me?" I snapped, feeling frustrated as well as hurt at his words. "She hasn't said it to me."

His expression changed. "What? Really?" He asked, shocked.

"Yeah.." I said, my mood suddenly downcast as I stared at the floor.

"Vlad, anyone can tell that she loves you. She's so damn attached to you." Caleb said, trying to cheer me up.

"Then why hasn't she said it yet?" I mumbled more to myself than him. "She doesn't say it back when I tell her I love her."

"Maybe she just wants to be sure." He shrugged.

My eyes snapped to his. "So you think she doesn't love me yet?" I asked, leaning forward on our desk between us.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.. "I have no idea how you interpret my words." He shook his head and I rolled my eyes. "She does love you, Vladimir. I'm sure of it."

"How can I be sure of it?" I mumbled to myself as I turned to look out the window but he heard me.

"Ask her." He said.

"What?"

"If she loves you or not." He shrugged.

"Are you crazy?" I scoffed. "I'm not going to put her on the spot like that." I said, shaking my head.

"Why not?" He asked. "She'll tell you if she does."

"And what if she doesn't?" I asked, my mind contemplating the pros and cons of asking her directly.

"She does, Vlad. Trust me." He said and before I could say something else, there was a knock on the door and I instantly knew who it was from the scent filling the room.

"Come in." I said and Florence peaked in through the door. My breath caught in my throat and my beast moaned at the sight of her, my arms itching to hold her.

"Hey..are you busy?" She asked softly, glancing at Caleb.

"No, come here." I said, feeling my urge to hold her intensifying.

Caleb gave me a knowing look before getting up.

"Hey, Florence." He greeted Florence.

"Hi, Caleb." She smiled sweetly at him and I felt kinda jealous but I knew it didn't mean anything. Florence was just a kind girl.

I patted my lap, looking at her hopefully and she came towards me, placing herself in my arms. I was instantly engulfed by her delicious scent and I sucked in a sharp breath, trying not to get intoxicated by it.

"Did you need anything?" I asked, rubbing my fingers up and down her back, making her straighten her spine and shiver. I smiled, knowing how I effected her.

"I missed you." She said, grinning up at me and I couldn't help but lean down to press a kiss to her lips.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked.

She snuggled her face in my neck. "I'm good.."

"What about your waist?"