Chapter Fifteen

FLORENCE HILL

"You have to come." Jason whined through the phone.

"I'll try but I don't think Vladimir'll let me anywhere out of sight because of what happened last week." I said, twirling a strand of my hair subconsciously.

I heard him scoff from the other line. "You have to convince him."

"I don't know..." I mumbled. "I really don't want to face Xavier.."

It was silent on the other end for a minute before he spoke again. "It's my birthday, Florence...please, I just want my best friend there."

I bit my lip, immediately feeling like an epic bitch. "You're right, I'm sorry. I'll try to come, I promise." I said.

"Thank you....and I expect a gift." He said making me smile. I missed him.

"Maybe you'll get lucky." I said and he chuckled.

"I'll see you then." He said and I said bye before hanging up.

Jason was turning twenty three this weekend and there was a huge party being hosted at my ex pack and of course I wanted to go for him, there'd never been a year when we weren't there for each other's birthdays ever since we met and I wasn't planning on making this one an exception.

I knew it'd be hard, trying to convince Vladimir but I decided to try and give it my best shot.

"Florence." Vladimir spoke up as he entered the living room.

"Hey." I murmured, as he sat next to me.

"Good morning to you." He said, nuzzling his face above my chest, as he made me straddle him. "Slept quite a lot last night huh."

"Hmm." I mumbled, running my fingers through his hair as his face remained hidden. "I was tried."

"I could tell." He said, pulling away and looking at me.

I sent him a sheepish smile before pushing some hair off his forehead. "Uh...I need to ask you something." I said.

"What is it?" He raised his eyebrow.

"So you know Jason..?" I started off, nervously.

He nodded. "Your friend.."

"Yes, him. He's turning twenty three and he's throwing a huge party and ever since we've met there hasn't been a single year where we've missed out on each others birthday parties so I really really need to go." I rambled out, all at once.

"Where is it?" He asked after an awkward moment of silence.

"At shadow rock." I mumbled quietly and his arms immediately tightened around me.

"No." He said and I felt my blood boil.

"Why not?" I gritted out, crossing my arms as a frown marred my forehead.

"Because...I'm not letting you anywhere out of my sight, not after what happened last week." He said, stubbornly.

"Please, Vladimir. I'll be fine. Jason will be with me, so will Sebastian." I pleaded.

"Last time Caleb was with you and look what happened. I'm not taking any risks when it comes to your safety, Florence." He said, shaking his head.