44

^^^^^

' You're not the villain, Billy

' You're not the villain, Billy. '

^^^^^

Eden ran through the gate Billy had stopped from closing, chasing after him as he stagger through the halls. She caught glimpses of his figure as it move through the halls, catching the door he pushed open. Her eyes widened when she saw Max down the end of the hall, Billy striding toward her.

'Billy... Billy, you don't have to do this,' Max's voice trembled; 'Billy. Your name's Billy, Billy Hargrove. You live on four eight one nine Cherry Lane-'

His fist collided with his little sister's face sending her to the ground and Eden rushing forward, pulling back on his shoulder. But, he flicked her off easily, turning to push Mike off him as the boy charged forward. Mike's body hit the ground like a pile of bricks, falling unconscious as Billy strode toward Eleven.

'Billy!' Eden screamed; 'Billy, stop!'

He paused for a second, body tense and chest heaving as black veins sat heavy under his skin.

'Billy, it's me. It's Eden,' She spoke slow as she stepped forward; 'Come back to me, baby... I'm right here.'

She placed a light hand on his shoulder, his head snapping around to look at her from the corner of his eye. She smiled softly as he placed his hand on her own, only for it to fall away quickly as he turned and shoved her up against the wall. She stared into his conflicted eyes, watching him battle himself as he stood unmoving for a second.

'Eden,' He whispered, before he threw her to the side.

She slid across the floor, gripping at her side as she rolling around; face contorted with pain. Her back arched off the ground as pain shot through her spine, her eyes snapping open when Eleven yelled; only to watch her be tossed across the room like a rag doll. Her body laid still as she passed out unconscious, Billy striding right past the Lawson girl to throw her little sister over his shoulder. He walked out of the room, his face blank and body tall.

She let out a soft whimper, pushing herself up onto her elbows; looking across at Mike's still body. She groaned as she pulled herself along the floor, her legs tingling as pain shot through her body. She used the doorway to pull herself up, glancing down at an unconscious Max; pinching her brows together as the room spun for a second. She shook her head to shake it off, stumbling down the hall to chase after two of the most important people in her life.

The halls were dark, the dim lights flickering every so often. She caught herself on the wall by the back door to Scoops Ahoy, leaning her head against the plaster board in an attempt to stop her mind from spinning. That was when the first bang sounded on the other side of the door, light flashing underneath it. She looked up at the door, clenching her teeth as she pulled it open; staggering through it. She leant against the door of the ice cream parlour, watching the next firework go off on the Mind Flayer's back; another flashing at it hit the creature from a different directions.